Chapter 10: No! Not the Furniture!

When Charlie arrives back at the hotel, she sees Vaggie and Angel still sitting in the lobby. Vaggie paces back and forth, Angel lounges on the couch. Husk and Niffty are nowhere to be seen, likely asleep. While she doesn't know the exact time, it's late at night.

Alastor walks up to Charlie and says, "Thanks for the walk," before he walks back to his room. Charlie turns to Vaggie and asks, "How was your day?"

Vaggie nods and says, "Good, I was just a little worried about you. You were gone most of today."

Charlie replies, "Don't worry, Vaggie, I was fine. But thanks for the concern." Vaggie smiles before heading into the elevator. Charlie follows. As they enter the elevator, she yells, "Night, Angel!" The door closes, and they talk.

The elevator stops at the second-highest floor, aka the staff floor. Vaggie gives Charlie a kiss on the cheek and tells her goodnight before getting off. Then Charlie sets it for the top floor and enters her bedroom.

Closing the door behind her, Charlie takes a deep breath and looks around her room-a large and cozy space with a bed in the center and a dresser on the left side. She walks over to the dresser, opens the drawers, finds clean pajamas and slippers. Taking a deep breath, she sits down on the bed, feeling tired from the day's events.

As Charlie begins to drift off into sleep, she thinks about the Hazbin Hotel. She wonders if starting the hotel was a good idea, if her dad was right about her. Is it actually possible to rehabilitate demons enough to get into heaven? She doesn't know if it's possible, but she decides to promise to herself that she will never give up on her hope. She falls asleep confident and relieved.

The next morning, Charlie wakes up to the sound of a loud knock on her door. Groggily, she opens it to find Vaggie standing there with a tray of breakfast. Vaggie says, "Good morning, Charlie. Sorry to wake you up so early, but I brought you breakfast." Charlie smiles and says, "Thanks, Vaggie. That's really nice of you." Vaggie hands her the tray and says, "I hope you like it. I made it myself." Charlie takes a bite of the bacon and eggs-they're delicious.

They start to discuss Charlie's plan for the day. "So I was thinking-" Charlie starts to say, but is interrupted by the sound of a loud crash from the roof. Quickly getting dressed, she heads up to investigate.

As she makes her way up the stairs, she sees that Niffty has destroyed all the furniture in the hotel and is now throwing it off the roof. Vaggie, in a fit of rage, picks Niffty up, nearly throwing her off. But Charlie quickly snatches her out of Vaggie's hands and into safety.

Charlie sees that Niffty is in shock, and Vaggie is struggling to regain her composure due to her hotheadedness. She says, "Chill out, Vaggie." Charlie turns to Niffty and asks, "Niffty, why did you do this?" Niffty looks up at her and says, "I couldn't stand the dirty old furniture. It was too disgusting. I just wanted to get rid of them, so you would have to get new ones." Charlie looks at Niffty and realizes that she may have a point.

She says, "Alright, Niffty. I understand your frustration, but this is not the way to solve it. We need to talk and work out a solution." Niffty nods her head and says, "I know, Charlie. I'm sorry. I just couldn't stand seeing the hotel looking so... trashy." Charlie sighs then heads back down the stairs to catch an elevator to the lobby.

As she steps out of the elevator, Husk is standing there waiting for her. He greets Charlie with a smile and says, " 'Morning, boss. I have new news for you." She nods and asks, "What is it?" Husk looks at her, and before he can continue, a sharp knock interrupts them. They exchange curious glances with the group before slowly approaching the front door.