Chapter 28: Dinner Duels

The scene ends and is replaced by a visage of everyone talking in a dining room in a very friendly familial way.

Sandalphon is messing with Cassiel. Uriel is play fighting (sword fighting) with Zadkiel while reading a book. Forti is watching everyone. Gabriel and Raphael are watching Lucifer and Michael. Michael and Barachiel are playing with their magic. Lucifer is standing in the corner playing an instrument while God sits nearby listening to him play. As Charlie watches the scene, Charlie notices that Lucifer is playing a beautiful melody, his fingers moving deftly over the strings. Lucifer's eyes are closed in concentration, his face illuminated by the soft light of the throne room.

God watches in silence, his gaze focused on the angel. As Lucifer finishes the song, God stands up and claps. "Well done, my son," he says with a smile. "That was quite beautiful."

Lucifer bows deeply, his wings fluttering with pride. "Thank you, Father," he says.

God nods, a small smile on his lips, "I'm proud of you." Lucifer smiles widely and nods, understanding the importance of the message.

Then Lucifer de-summons his instrument and watches Uriel and Zadkiel spar. Charlie watches as Uriel and Zadkiel engage in a sword fight, their swords clashing and ringing in the air. The room is filled with the sound of their swords as they exchange blows.

Uriel's skill with a blade is impressive, especially considering he is a massive bookworm, and even more impressively, he is reading a book as he fights; not to say that Zadkiel isn't a good fighter. As they continue to spar, Charlie notices Lucifer watching with a small smile on his lips. Lucifer seems to enjoy the display of power and skill, and Charlie can tell that he is proud of his family. Charlie watches as they continue to spar, their movements fluid and precise. Uriel's movements are lightning-fast, his sword whirling through the air like a dancer.

Zadkiel, the usually offensive fighter is stuck on the defensive. Then Uriel throws his book into the air, jabs his sword at Zadkiel, drops the sword, spins around, catching the book and sword in his other hands, and disarms her. Forti is the first to clap, followed by Lucifer and everyone else. Uriel bows and is about to walk away.

Then Forti challenges him to a friendly duel. Uriel looks at Forti with a raised eyebrow, considering the challenge. He then raises his sword and nods at Forti. "Challenge accepted," he says with a smirk.

But for this battle, Uriel sets his book down. They both stand at the appropriate starting distance and draw their signature swords. Forti with Excalibur and Uriel with his flaming sword. Everyone stands back and gives them room to move. Raphael watches the duel intently, wanting to learn how to fight.

The duel begins. Uriel charges forward, his sword swinging with incredible speed and precision. Forti parries the attack, his Excalibur deflecting Uriel's flaming sword.

The two swords clash, sparks flying as they exchange blows. Uriel's sword is fast and agile, moving with a fluid grace that is almost mesmerizing. Forti's Excalibur is sturdy and reliable, able to deflect most attacks with ease, along with a little bit of magic enhancements, well, all of them.

As they continue to exchange blows, Uriel notices a small nick on Forti's sword. He smirks and takes advantage, swinging his own sword with a swift and deadly strike. But Forti sees it coming and grabs Uriel's arm just as his sword is about to connect with his blade. The two fighters lock eyes, and for a moment, it seems like neither of them is going to make the first move. But then, in a flash of movement, Uriel pulls his arm free and sends a powerful kick towards Forti's face. Forti dodges it with ease, his sword still in hand.

Sandalphon begins to jeer at them playfully, "Come on! Do something!" But both fighters are too focused to notice her words. Forti lunges forward, his sword held high. Uriel, still smirking, meets the attack head-on, his flaming sword blazing with heat. The two fighters clash, sparks flying as their swords collide. Uriel's sword strikes Forti's blade with a loud clang, and the force sends Forti stumbling backward.