6

𝟲: 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗖𝗞 𝗜𝗡 𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

When school ended, Naomi and Donghyuck happily went home with their tongue teasingly sticking out of their mouth, as they received the information of Mark and I getting detention. And I, along with Mark were left with no options but to stay at school. If I had to be frank about this circumstance, I would put the blame on Mark for pressing Mr Johnson's buttons and eventually making him snap. If Mark hadn't shouted, the both of us wouldn't be perching in detention class in a dreadful and utter silence, with Andre Wilson, our P.E. teacher, staring at us. Surprisingly, no other students received detention, so the mere three of us made the situation even more unbearable.

Grr.

There was an awfully boisterous growling coming from Mark's empty stomach, whom sat by the table right next to me. He awkwardly crouched on his seat, his head planting flat on the surface of the table as he embraced his own stomach, a few muffled grunts shooting out of his mouth. "Damn it..." He grumbled.

I casted my gaze skyward. "This is your fault."

He turned to face me, the side of his head now resting on the table. "I think Donghyuck is to blame here."

I concurred with his statement by giving a nod. "Indeed, that is accurate. However, the same applies to you."

Mark persisted with his grumbling, enhancing it with superfluous coughs and groans to hide the rumbling of his hungry belly. He seemed noticeably embarrassed by the circumstance, and I'm sure anyone else would feel the same if they were in his position. Although it was embarrassing, I found it a bit cute. I had to hide the smile on my face.

I extended my arm, delving into my tote bag, sifting through my possessions with the aim of finding sustenance, simply to put an end to Mark's annoying moans. A beam of delight illuminated my eyes as I discovered an unopened plastic cup of watermelon cubes. However, my expression fell neutral once more as I redirected my gaze towards Mark, offering him the cup. "Here. Your favorite."

Mark rose his head from his table, his face glowed. "Aw man, thanks dude- Hold on a sec." He halted himself, then slowly snatched the cup from my hand. "How'd you know it's my favorite?"

I was unable to hide my annoyance, and rolled my eyes. "Take a wild guess, Mark"

"Oh." Mark said. "Donghyuck." He smiled to himself before opening the cup, and pulling out the plastic fork. When he plopped one in his mouth, it stayed at the side, and that gave him a bloated cheek. "Seems like Donghyuck fills you up with everything he knows about me. So tell me, what else do you know?" He smirked. He was feeling somewhat confidently cocky about this situation. Or maybe he was just teasing, but I wasn't too fond of it.

"Let us see." I said with a challenging look. "According to him, you're a shitty cook and fart like crazy-"

"Okaaaaay." Mark interjected, a flush of vivid red colored his cheeks upon hearing my statement. He cleared his throat and straightened his stance, clumsily slurring with a mouthful of watermelon cubes. "I'm pretty sure he mentioned cooler things about me. So let me hear them."

"Quiet the two of you!" Andre scolded. He sat behind the desk, his feet up on the table's surface as he held a firm grip on the remote control of the small, old-fashioned television that hung on the corner of the room. "I'm trying to watch something here. So quiet down. I won't ask again." He said, then turned the volume up to hear the television better.