36

𝟯𝟲: 𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗟𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗔𝗜𝗥
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

10 W. Grove Street Washington, GA: That was the address the man had given Venon, or I mean Jaehyun and I a couple of days ago during our ambush and interrogation. It took me around 15 minutes to arrive at the destination, by swinging of course. During the process of that, I couldn't get my mind off Juliane. Every second that passed by, she was the one in my mind. I knew that when I return to the hotel, I had to have that talk with her. So for now, I forced myself to focus. And I was successful.

I arrived at some abandoned building in the middle of some forest. This definitely gave more of lair compared to the last one.

As I was perched by one of the tall trees, I observed the building where most of the windows had lights illuminating out of it. "God, please look after me." I mumbled to myself.

I was anxious. Of course I was. This was the first time I had to accomplish a serious mission. I was more used to just stopping people breaking into banks, houses or cars. This was a type of mission that required two people. I did wish Jaehyun was here.

"Here goes nothing." I heaved. I extended my hand out in the air and flicked my wrist for webs to squirt out.

Once it attached to the walls of the rusty building, I jumped off the tree and swung myself out. When I reached the structure, I had my fingertips and feet stuck onto the wall, just like a spider. I started crawling up, trying to find an entrance where I wouldn't get spotted, but it seemed pretty harder that expected. Almost all rooms were occupied, and that meant one thing: The possibility of being caught and noticed was really really big. I had to back away whenever I peeked through a window, because either one or two people were in there.

This was hard.

How was I possibly gonna defeat these men? They were way too many.

"Quality over quantity." I said to myself. Words for self encouragement. "You got this Mark Lee."

Don't die Mark Lee.

Without hesitating any longer, I bursted into one the room through the window, causing the two criminals to turn their attention towards me. "Hey guys! How's your night?" I greeted, obviously not getting one in return.

My quick and agile movements made it difficult for them to keep up with me. My speed and flexibility were unmatched as I swiftly jumped from wall to wall, dodging their attacks. They were obviously using those high-tech weapons, and it was a lot difficult to dodge them now that I was in such a enclosed room. There wasn't much room for me to move around.

One of them swung a sharp and long object at me, but I effortlessly dodged it and landed behind the criminal, delivering a quick knock-out punch to the back of the head. The second man was taken by surprise and attempted to shoot me with a firearm, but I swiftly took the gun away and knocked out the criminal using their own weapon. Of course not with the bullet, but I used the bit of the gun to hit his head. And they both were laying down there, knocked down.

"Piece of cake." I said proudly to myself and dropped the weapon on the floor.

Perhaps I said that way too early.

The next thing I could remember, was the door bursting open to reveal a dozen of men, holding one of those high-tech weapons and aiming it directly at me. I was just about to turn around to flee through the window, but somebody was already hanging from there, holding a weapon that directed towards me too.

"We were expecting you, Spiderman." A mysterious man trudged into the room with a smile on his lips. It was a man I had never seen before. He was Caucasian, with blonde hair and a tall and rather slanky figure. One thing that stood out about him, was the huge scar that crossed his face, from his left eyebrow to his right cheek. "Nice of you to finally be here~"

How did they know that I was supposed to be here?

Soon, more of these men walked in, surrounding me completely.

"Please don't kill me~" I laughed nervously, my hands immediately surrendering. "I still have a decathlon competition coming up tomorrow. And they need the guy with the biggest brains. That would be me." I reasoned, and immediately regretted saying.

"Enough talk, insect." The man with the scar said. He looked at his people and gave them a nod, a gesture for something, and that tensed me up.

The nearest men had started to reach out for me, to possibly tie me up, but as soon as I budged an inch, chaos strayed. I jumped on the ceiling and clung onto the wall, crawling around to dodge any of their attacks.

"No, not the chitauri gun!" Scar man shouted at his man, before flinging himself to him and snatching the weapon away from his grip. "We need him alive!"

The room was way too cramped to move, so finding an exit was just impossible.

At that moment, I wished I could've stayed at the hotel and work my trunks to went swimming with the others.

My spidey reflexes had betrayed me, when the Gun Trapper had successfully caught me. The white glowing strings reached me, and I was soon swathed around it and collapsed on the ground. "Fuck." I grunted once the strings latched onto the ground and pulled me down. I tried forcing out of its resistance, but I discovered that the more I moved, the more it got painful, so I had given up and fell on my knees, my arms practically being pulled behind me.

The men surrounded me, and I stayed on the ground, on my knees, my face hanging down.

"Why do we need him alive?" One of them asked. "Do you know how much of an honor to be the one, to make the Spiderman heart to stop?"

The scar man scoffed, not amused by his comrade's words. He took a step closer to me and kneeled down, his eyes quitting as he stared at my mask. "Because he belongs to Boss. We might now have the girl, but we have Spiderman." He smiled with evilness. "You know that Boss has also been worrying about Spiderman and his other friend. They've been getting involved in to our business."

The sound of someone confirming that I wasn't gonna die, well at least not now, eased me up.

Despite all that, I was solely focused on the new informations that I was given, and I took this opportunity to dig further for more.

"Wait, did you say Boss?" I asked, my head tilting. "So you're saying you aren't the main boss?"

The scar man chuckled in amusement, and his other men laughed it, somehow finding all of this entertaining. "You think I'm the one who's behind all of these high-tech weapons?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Silly insect. Of course I'm not. I'm nowhere near the Boss."

I groaned loudly, perhaps a bit too loud. "Ugh. Fake news. This is disappointing."

Offended, the man clenched his jaw, his eyes narrowing as he straightened his stance to a proud and assured one. "Well, I'm still considered as great. I'm practically second in the hierarchy. We are the ones purchasing these weapons from the Boss, to sell it to people out there who are willing to give us a galore of money for these. You don't get to yawn and groan, insect."

I took a few moment to process what he just said. I see. So the Boss had to be the manufacturer of these weapons, and they would have to be the guys buying them to sell it to the public.

"Where's the boss? Who is he? You said you'd be sending me to him right?"

The scar man stayed silent for a minute. He cleared his throat. "We don't know. You're lucky you're gonna have the opportunity to see him." He said in a mumbling manner. "We don't get to see him, he's very secretive."

The Boss was unknown, even for people who worked close with? I guessed that was smart. It was a way to not get immediately caught.

"Such an opportunity to be killed by someone." I said sarcastically, my eyes rolling.

"Anyways," The man said. "We'll be sending you off tomorrow at 10 in the morning, back to Queens where the Boss is."

Queens? Are you kidding me?! You're meaning to tell me that the main person behind all this, is in Queens the entire time? I went here all for nothing,

"Sleep now, bug boy." The man said. With one powerful swing of his fist, I was sent ok the ground, my vision slowly blurring as I was welcomed by the darkness of unconsciousness.