𝟲𝟰 (𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘)

𝟲𝟰: 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡

I thought that this special evening would all be about celebrating our graduation, but apparently not. Mark was out saving Queens from the weird evil Rhinoceros, and Venom had successfully convinced me to help Mark out as... Well, as the new Venom.

I found myself standing on the top surface of the baluster of my balcony, attired in the ominously black and opaque skin of Venom. The height between the balcony and my lawn was so daunting. It filled me with a feeling of pure terror. I quickly crouched down on a squatting position to hold a grip on the metaled barrier, to ensure that I wasn't gonna tip over.

"Um... Venom?" I called out nervously. "I think I should've probably mentioned this earlier but I'm not really a fan of... heights."

Venom: Well... I'm not really a fan of public transportations, so you're gonna have to get used to it Juliane."

I frowned at Venom's words. I huffed out loud before responding to him. "We should do a small inhale exhale exercise. They say meditation is a great way to—"

Venom: Are you stalling? Stop stalling! Mark needs your help right now. You know what? Since you're being a scaredy cat, I'm gonna take control of your body.

With a shriek, I jumped off the balcony, my body soaring through the air like a projectile. I struck the ground before proceeding to bounce forward with astonishing speed, whilst uncontrollably shouting with each leap. Venom and I travelled through the city like we owned it, leaping from building to building and climbing with ease. The city was like a perfect playground for us, the tall skyscrapers providing the elevation we needed to traverse with grace and agility.

"This is fucking insane!"

Venom: I know, insanely awesome right?

"What? No, insanely frightening!"

Venom: Trust me, this feels great~ You just have to chill Juliane. I got you, you got me, we're safe.

I knew Venom knew better than me when it came to being a vigilante, so I had to trust him. I closed my eyes for a brief second and took a deep breath before exhaling it.

When I opened my eyes, I no longer tried focusing on the distance between I and the ground, instead, the feeling of it. The fear that had initially filled me suddenly became a feeling of adrenaline and exhilitation. The air rushed past me as I leapt through the refreshing and calming sky. The feeling of freedom and excitement was undeniable. The high altitudes also gave me a sense of power. Venom was right. This felt nice.

When I reached the crime scene, I kept hidden and landed on one of the rooftops of the many buildings to briefly observe from the distance.

I peeked down and I saw the evil Rhinoceros in the middle of the road. The body of the Rhino was covered in thick armor, with machine guns attached to its hands. From the looks of it, it seemed like somebody was controlling it from the inside. The Rhinoceros spun around his stance, his arms pointing towards the sky as gunfires erupted the air, the gunshots alongside his menacing laughter deafening the entire city.

"He looks kinda funny." I commented.

Venom: He does. It's a pretty lame suit.

From the other side of the streets, just about 30 meters away, was Spiderman, struggling to push himself back on his feet. "Uhh, Mr Rhino?" Mark shouted, trying to get his attention. "I think you should go back to the Savannas. You see, factually speaking, Rhinos aren't really capable of surviving in cities. Ya know?"