35

𝟯𝟱: 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗧
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"You better not die, Mark Lee."

"I won't, I promise~ I'll be back tonight, or at least before the competition."

My bag laid on the smooth sheets of the bed, whilst I stood just by it and stuffed all the essentials I needed. In the interim, Donghyuck was perched on his bed. He had his back pressed against the bed frame whilst his arms were crossed, there was a prominent frown on his lips, a worried one.

Donghyuck heaved and let his face bury in the palms of his hands. "I don't quite like this idea, Mark. I mean, didn't you say this group is higher up on the hierarchy? This means they're definitely more dangerous."

I calmly snatched my bomber jacket off the armchair, and put it on. I pulled the zipper up. "Calm down Donghyuck, I'll be fine. If there is anything to ever happen, you'll be the first one to know so keep that phone open."

Still unsure, Donghyuck just let it slide. Donghyuck knew that he wouldn't be able to convince me to stay to focus solely on the competition tomorrow. He also knew that this mission was important as Queens depended on it, so he felt like he didn't have the right to stand in the way.

"Okay, I'm out." I announced.

Donghyuck shook his head slightly. "I swear Mark, don't you fucking die or get caught."

I nodded nervously, unsure if I could truly complete this mission without drawing any attention to myself. Donghyuck looked back at me with an expression of concern and warning, but I made sure to keep my face neutral as I quietly stepped out of the room and entered the opened hallway. Yes, it was indeed an opened hallway, almost like a balcony as I could see the other rooms from across the building.

I tightened my grip on the straps of my bag, and pulled the hoodie over my head.

I was about to take a turn to the left to slip out of the hotel, but my body froze instantly when I saw people scuttling through the hallway, towards my way in their swimsuits. It was Midtown's Decathletes. Well most of them. Jack, Jeno and Abraham were in their swimming trunks, their entire upper body exposed whilst Cindy, Naomi and Juliane were in their one-piece swimsuit, their arms linked together.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, my mind racing as I considered my options. They haven't seen me yet, so I could just turn around and re-enter my shared room with Donghyuck, in that way I could simply just exit through the windows.

Though, I was too late. I spent too much time contemplating on what to do, so they had already spotted me.

Abraham, Jeno and Jack snickered at the sight of me, their hands waving as they surreptitiously tip-toed their way somewhere, which I presumed was the pool area, considering their attire. When the girls reached me, they all stopped in front with gleeful smiles on their lips. I somehow found myself flushing and I made sure to keep my eyes up, not daring to look at their practically exposed body.

"Where the hell are you going?" Asked Cindy curiously.

Timid, I chuckled and scratched my nape. "Well, I mean, I was just gonna-"

I was fumbling with my words too much that Naomi couldn't care less to hear what I had to say, so she cut me off by posing a question. "Anyways, is Donghyuck in there? I'll invite him to swim with us." Announced Naomi. She pushed past me and entered the room, and the door shut immediately.

Whispered shouts came from Jeno, Abraham and Jack to usher us to the pool section. Cindy was too impatient to wait, so she scuttled away, leaving I and Juliane.