37

𝟯𝟳: 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I awoke with a startling jolt, feeling waves of intense pain radiating from every corner of my body. My hands were tied down by the force of the glowing strings, my wrists straining against the tight bonds that secured them in place. I was on my knees, unable to move or escape the agonizing predicament I was in. At first, I didn't know where I was or why I was here, but senses kicked in me. I was in a different room. This wasn't the same from as the one I was in before I passed out. I was in what seemed like a long and huge garage, so spacious and huge. I could see thousands of stations, with thousands of high-tech weapons being moved to boxes. I was definitely still at the lair.

I groaned lowly, attempting to pull my hands to escape from the glowing ropes around my wrists, but the pain only ached even more, so I resisted.

"Fuck." I grumbled, annoyed and frustrated.

I took another look around the place and noticed that these men were way too busy with their jobs, to even notice my consciousness. That was a good thing. The last thing I would want was getting attention from them, while trying to find an escape.

I continued inspecting around the room, trying to find a way out, though instead, I found a clock that hung on the walls.

10:15 - Shit, that meant that the competition was over and I wasn't even present.

I wondered how people reacted to my absence. I just hoped that Donghyuck came up with an excuse for me to not attend. I wager he was even worried because I still wasn't back, so I did also hope that he didn't expose me and called the police for a rescue team out of worry.

"Ahh~ Good morning, Spiderman."

I diverted my attention from the clock, and placed it on the man whom trudged his way towards me. It was the man with the scar. He held a mug of coffee. He grabbed onto a chair and hauled it across the floor, before placing it in front of me. He perched down with a smile.

"Had a nice dream? My punch took you out pretty nicely, eh?"

I narrowed my eyes at the man, and only there, I noticed that I still had my mask on. For some reason, I was surprised they hadn't ripped it off my head yet. "Dude, I thought you said you were gonna send me to your Boss." The process of being sent to the Boss back to Queens, gave me a bigger possibility to find an escape. So I was growing impatient.

The scar man squinted his eyes, a bit suspicious that I didn't look any close to a distressed and anxious demeanor, considering the state they had put me in. He took a sip of his coffee before speaking. "You seem oddly calm, considering the situation you're on."

That was probably because I was positive that I could escape, unharmed.

Before I could say anything, the TV that sat flat on one of their counter, just a few paces away from us, caught my attention fully.

"Breaking News! Broadcasting live right now, we are here at during an incident at Central Exhibition of Natural History! Right now, as you can see on the background, the structure of the museum is currently being crumbled down by yet another attack by these high-tech gadgets and weapons! Since the building is way too high up, it is hard for the rescue team to reach contact with the guests of the museum! And it is informed earlier that the winners of the Nationals Academic Decathlon happen to win free tickets to visit this museum, which are students from Midtown High, a high school located in Queens, Forest Hills."

"Oh no, fuck." I said beneath my breath. "No, no fuck this is bad. This is bad."

Whilst I proceeded with my grumbling and mumbling, the scar man kept his focus on the television with an intrigued look on his face. "Look at that. What a sight for sore eyes. Those are my men, testing out the new weapons that were delivered from the Boss a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool eh?"

With his attention being away from me, I didn't waste this opportunity to seek for a way to flee.

I had to escape. I had to get there. My friends could be in danger.

Frantically and desperately, I looked around the humungous garage filled with weapons. If this place was filled of those high-tech weapons, then that would mean that at least one of those in display had to be The Trapper.

I scanned and scanned, my eyes squinting to get a better view of each and every weapon on that wall mount shell, just a few meters away from me. It was a lot harder than what I expected. I had to quickly think back to the time Venom and I fought those people in front of Chenle's mansion. I recalled examining The Trapper deeply and attentively. I remembered it resembled like a megafon, with a glowing, white core in the middle. One of the weapons on the sleeves looked pretty similar to the one I had in mind, so I didn't hesitate to go for it.

I ensured to purse my lips, not wanting to let out any pained grunt or huff as I forced one of my arm to extended forward. I pulled and pulled, and I scrunched my face even more as I felt the glowing string around my arm ache my entire arm, as though being sandwiched by two cement walls. As I succeed, I flicked my wrist toward the weapon, and when it latched onto the web, I pulled it and instantly grabbed tightly on the gun.

It felt like my arm was gonna get ripped out, but it was all part of the illusion to restrain me from moving, so I kept going.

I began to point The Trapper towards my direction, my hand practically shaking and vibrating from all the force and power I was putting on. When it had the perfect aim, I pulled the trigger and finally, the glowing strings that kept me down clustered together and made its way back into the hole of the gun.

"About fucking time." I mumbled and stretched my arms and hands a bit, before standing up from the ground.

Stupidly enough, the man with the scar didn't notice anything, so I effortlessly pushed onto the chair he was perched on, and immediately, he fell on the ground and I flicked my wrists several times to trap him on the ground.

Of course this grabbed everyone's attention, and they all grabbed the nearest weapon to aim at me, but I had already swung my way out of this garage, through one of the glass ceilings and fled away.

I had to report this place to the police. But not now. For now, my priority was my friends who were in hazard.