26

𝟮𝟲: 𝗬𝗢𝗨'𝗥𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗨𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟

The weekend ended abruptly, unfortunately. Even though it was Monday, people were still talking about the party that Chenle held. Yeah, I would expect people to be talking about the freaky incident, but no, all they could think of was how fun Chenle Zhong's party was. I was one of them. Although I was drunk and passed out in Chenle's bed most of the time, I could still remember very few occurrences. For example, Flash nearly causing a scene, walking in Donghyuck and Naomi's make out session and most importantly...

Mark saying he was Spiderman.

I wasn't sure if that really happened. But how could I have that memory stuck in my mind then? Or was it a mere dream?

It was a blur. A big blur.

I was going crazy. I've been theorizing that Mark Lee was Spiderman, and having this I presume, constructive memory invade my head like a disease did nothing but add to my frustration.

Of course I had to let this frustration out. And I did on Naomi. I couldn't bring myself to do it on Donghyuck. He would most certainly laugh at my face, and will most certainly tell Mark too. I had learned that Donghyuck was a snitch so I had been wary with what I say around him.

"Seriously Juliane?" Naomi chuckled before shoving a piece of kitchen in her mouth. "Mark as Spiderman? I mean, what other evidence do you have other than his... you know?" She whispered, not wanting to be caught talking about a man's ass in the middle of the canteen.

I groaned. I thought Naomi would be more understanding, considering I spilled all the plausible evidence to her. "He basically confessed to me yesterday-"

"He what?! Wait, that's good news girly."

"No! Not confess romantically, but confess that he's Spiderman!"

Naomi's face dropped, very unamused. "You're delusional Juliane Moon." She shook her head. "Instead of trying to figure out if he's Spiderman, why don't you try figuring out a way to make him like you back."

I could've sworn I was about to explode. I should've. I wanted to.

With a defeated heave, my head collapsed on the canteen table, tired of everything. "It's not even my intention to investigate, you know? Here I am just enjoying the company of Mark Lee, but he just suddenly acts weird and shit and I can't help but try connecting the dots."

Naomi nudged me with his elbow. "Stop trying to connect the dots then and step up." She encouraged, giving me another nudge when I budge. "Look at that."

I groaned a bit at her poke, and when I lazily sat up from my seat, I saw her pointing. I followed her gaze, and it landed on Gwen Stacy and Mark Lee, standing by the cafeteria next to each other with trays in their hand. They were smiling and chatting. That also was a huge factor to the frustration I was currently suffering with.

"What's the point of trying?" I cupped my cheek and looked away, before forking my salad aggressively. "Doesn't matter anyways. Gwen Stacy is just a whole different level, you know? Can't compete with that."

Ironic right?

The way I encouraged Mark to commit to Gwen despite him feeling absolutely hopeless, yet I couldn't even do that myself, to commit to Mark, even if it just meant trying.

What a hypocrite.

Naomi scoffed, disappointed by my words. "You're just gonna give up like that?" Naomi rose an eyebrow. She seemed to be upset about this, I surmised it was because she always liked the idea of me and Mark together. Hell I even believed it was her biggest dream. I mean, she knew everything. Donghyuck did as well, but not as much as Naomi. I preferred talking to my crush with my girl friend, because most of the time Donghyuck prodded me about it.

"There's a difference between giving up and accepting the truth."

Naomi chuckled with a small eye roll. "Who am I kidding? You always do this: Pretend that it's time to stop committing to Mark Lee, but the next day you swoon about him."

I couldn't resist a laugh. I smiled sheepishly before looking down at my food to conceal the blush on my cheeks. "You know me too well, Naomi."

While Naomi fixed her braids and makeup, presumably because Donghyuck would be out of his class in a minute to join us, I secretly looked up at Mark and Gwen. They were still by the food station, standing in line. They were still smiling, laughing and talking. It seemed like Gwen was saying something funny, considering how wide that smile Mark's was wearing. It was an appealing sight to have... my ass.

I truly did convince Mark Lee to commit.

And who was I to block him, from something I've encouraged him to do? I couldn't be a cockblocker. That'll be foul.

I surmised we had to return back to how we used to be.

"By the way," I cleared my throat, trying to appear casual about everything despite being filled with envy. "I can't believe you and Donghyuck. I mean, I knew it would happen eventually but... the way I found out." I smiled with wiggling brows. "You guys are wild."

Naomi felt her face heat as she thought of the moment where Donghyuck and her turned around, wide-eyed to me and Mark peeking into the kitchenette, also wide-eyed. "You guys were absolutely foul for spying on us like that. I swear." She said, clearly embarrassed.

"We weren't spying, we got lost." I reasoned in Mark and I's defense. I could tell she was still timid about the entire situation, but we managed to laugh it off. "But hey, I will really emphasize this Naomi. Donghyuck genuinely likes you. I really hope the two of you work out together."

Naomi, appreciative about my words, couldn't help but smile widely. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder and hauled me close. "Gosh, I'm so glad you're Donghyuck's best friend and not one of those weird and annoying girl best friends." When she broke the hug, she smiled weakly. "I've experienced one of them before. It didn't work out well."

"Yeah, what I'm after for in Donghyuck is his best friend." I plastered an evil smirk on my lips.

Naomi snapped her fingers. "There we go again, your return of commitment to Mark after swearing you'd stop."

Damn. Caught in action.

With Mark being mentioned, I looked back from the distance where he was at with his crush. They were still in line, though this time, Mark was already looking at me while Gwen babbled next to him.

I blushed.

When he noticed the eye contact, he smiled sheepishly and waved his hand.

Unsure, I waved back.