38

𝟯𝟴: 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗡𝗢 𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I was surprised I managed to escape the lair without any struggle at all.

I assumed that now that I had escaped, the enemies would've conveniently tried evacuating the place up so I actually ended up calling the police on them, with the phone I had in my bag that I hid in the trees last night. I just said that there were disturbing commotions in that address. And thanks to Donghyuck with his hacking skills, he made it possible for my phone to be untraceable a long time ago, so I won't be tracked down because of the mysterious phone-call.

With that being taken care of, I wasted no time and headed to Central Exhibition of Natural History. I was relieved it wasn't too far away, as it took 5 minutes only.

And when I got closer, I could hear the sirens getting louder and louder.

I was deeply distressed about the situation. I hoped that as I got there, I wouldn't be seeing any of my friends being carried out, unconscious by the medic.

After swinging and swinging, I finally landed on the ground, just right in front of the museum building, where hundreds of people also were at, observing the entire scenery. To explain it with one word, it would have to be chaos.

It seemed like the museum building was hit by a high-tech laser weapon, causing massive damage and destruction to the exterior. The laser beam split the building in the middle, cutting it in two and exposing the interior of the facility. The topper half tilted to the side and collapsed on the bottom of the ground. Flashes of bright crimson and orange flames erupted from the inside of the building, spreading along the ground and up the walls. The smoke and heat filled the air, causing the scene to resemble an apocalyptic battlefield. The sheer damage and destruction caused by the powerful weapon left the area in a state of chaos, and the destruction was immeasurable.

"Oh no no no no." I muttered, very panicked as my hands found its way at the back of my rear.

A distressed woman whom observed right next to me exclaimed her worry to me, after immediately realizing that I was Spiderman. "My friends are up there!" She said.

I turned my head and saw Liz. "What?!" I shrieked. With the confirmation that people I knew were up there, made everything about this situation worse. "Oh- Uh, don't worry ma'am everything's gonna be alright!" I assured with my feigned baritone voice.

I began sprinting towards the museum, about to extend my hand out to shoot webs so I could haul myself at the top, but was stopped when I saw another beam of laser striking towards the building. I turned around and saw from the distance, three m of the scar man's men carrying humungous weapons with its laser blazing out of its tip.

I looked toward the police vehicles, noticing that it was just there, with its light shifting from blue to red.

"Can't the damn police do their damn job?" I groaned, irritated that the criminals were still on the loose.

I had to stop them first. It would be more difficult if I tried saving people from the building, with these idiots blazing lasers at us. And fortunately enough, choppers were seen flying in the air to get in contact with people who were stuck at the exposed top of the museum.

Groaning like a child, I shot my web towards the light pole that was located just near the criminals, and hauled myself to them. When I landed on my feet, I looked at them with droopy eyes and a frown. "Supriseeee." I said languidly.

One of them shuddered on his spot, not being able to process the fact that I was in front of them. "What- Wait, is he not supposed to be with Boss right now?" He questioned and shifted his gaze to his friends, whom were as confused as he was.