25

𝟮𝟱: 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛-𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗛 𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗣𝗢𝗡𝗦
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

Unfortunately, I had to ditch the party to figure out what made me tingle. So I found myself swinging through the long pathway of Chenle's mansion in my Spidey suit, that led me to their colossal mansion gates and eventually landed on top of one of the columns where I was met by somebody very unexpected. It was Venom. He stood a couple of paces away from the closed gates, whilst inspecting the dimmed road of the mountains in front of him with suspicion.

I tilted my head. "Ayo, V." I shouted with a bit of volume.

This was very unexpected. Out of all the places in Queens, he appeared in front of Chenle Zhong's mansion gates.

Venom turned around to connect eyes with me, and he seemed as shocked as I was. "Spiderman?"

"Yeah, it's me." I waved my hand innocently. "What the hell are you doing here?"

There was a pause from Venom. He slowly looked around the place, as though trying to search for an answer to my question. "Just guarding... What are you doing here?"

"At the party." I replied and pointed at the mansion behind us. "Obviously as me me, not as Spiderman. I just got the tingle suddenly, so I had to ditch and check up what's happening here. So what's happening here? We good?"

Venom looked at his surroundings once again, it was another act of uncertainty. "I don't know... I feel like there's something off about this place, like something is about to happen. Something bad." Venom explained. He was mumbling which made it nearly incomprehensible for me. Though I was glad we were having the same feeling. The same feeling of danger.

"Why don't we wander around and investigate before something happens to my friend's party—"

Tingle — There it was again. I felt it again, only this time it was a lot more intense which suggested that I was close to this hazard, or more likely, this hazard was surging towards me.

Just as I felt the tingle crawling down my spine, I noticed something leaping in the air towards me. It was like a cluster of strings in the shade of snow, and it was glowing, almost so similar to a lightning. I knew that was bad news, so I had to swiftly jump off the column and land on the ground, with one of my hand pressed against the floor to balance myself.

I was just about to chase after whoever tried aiming at me with that thing, but was immediately stopped when I noticed that Venom had been caught in one. The glowing white strings swathed around his arms as it locked onto the pavement, as though chaining him. He was grunting, not out of pain though, but out of struggle. Venom was the strongest person I've ever seen, so seeing him not being able to free himself was terrifying.

"Holy shit." I exclaimed in panic before rushing over to him. "What the fuck is this? Does it hurt? Can you move?"

Venom growled and when he stopped resisting, he fell on his knees with a hefty heave. "Obviously not Spiderman." He grumbled, clearly annoyed by the situation.

"How on earth did you dodge that, you little insect?" Someone said in the shadows of the dimmed roads. Soon, a strange man stepped into the light with a companion whilst carrying an unfamiliar weapon in their hands.

I instantly stood up in their presence. "Uhh it's called a Spider-tingle." I explained and eyed their weapons. "What the hell are those?"