44

𝟰𝟰: 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗗
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

It was almost midnight. Juliane and I walked alongside each other after just getting off the bus, exchanging conversations and sharing a quiet moment as we strolled through the suburbs. The evening was clear and calm, and the neighborhood of Juliane's house was silent and peaceful. It was a pleasant walk, with fresh air filling our lungs and the sound of the night birds chirping in the distance. Tranquil, right? Well, perhaps for Juliane. Although I looked calm and collected, I was anxiously paranoid that something bad would occur.

Whilst Juliane maintained her focus on what was before us, I kept mine on her, smiling dreamily as she talked and I merely listened. "I'm so tired. I'm surprised the other Decathletes are still at the party. I mean, are they not drained after that trip?"

"I mean, Chenle has a way of keeping the party entertaining and alive, so I wouldn't be surprised." I said, shrugging a bit.

"Yeah, Chenle does." Juliane laughed softly, then turned her head to connect her eyes with mine. "Has he been successful in bribing you about the entire Spiderman situation?"

Tittering a bit, I replied. "Nah, I told him he's a busy man."

A few moment of silence passed by. We continued strolling next to each other, the sides of our arms touching, and we didn't bother budging because we both liked the proximity between us. Well, I certainly did but I couldn't figure out if she did too, but I liked to believe she did.

"I'm sorry, Mark."

"Huh?"

"About assuming you were Spiderman." Juliane explained, her hand founding its way at the back of her neck. "I was practically trying to force you into admitting something that was false. That was pretty shitty and stupid of me, and I'd like to apologize for it."

Stupid? Oh God, you're one hell of a smart girl with observant skills. And I admired that.

I knew I couldn't say that, so I just laughed and shook my head, a gesture of forgiveness. "Don't be sorry, I mean you had pretty plausible evidences... But you were a bit too obsessed with trying to figure out, huh?"

Juliane blushed, feeling timid about her actions, but she confidently nodded her head. "How could I not be? I mean, to be honest I'm kinda glad you're not Spiderman."

Curious and confused about her words, I questioned it. "What do you mean?"

Juliane let out a laughter laced with concern, and a bit of shyness. "In general Mark, you worry me so much. You ditch, you disappear, and then show up with bruises on the faces. That's concerning. And to think that if you were Spiderman, then that would mean that you'd be in danger all the time... which isn't too ideal. I mean, of course you'd do it for good cause. But who's there to protect you?"

I felt warmth everywhere: My chest, my heart and my cheeks. I smiled. "You're saying, that you care for me?"

"Of course I do, idiot." Juliane said in muttering manner, clearly shy before turning away from my gaze.

We reached her mansion's driveway, and I knew it was time to say goodbye and goodnight. I hated it. I wanted to stroll around with her longer, but I figured she was tired and wanted nothing but slumber. Juliane swiveled around to face me, now facing her back on her mansion.

"Thanks for getting me home~ I really appreciate."

"Of course. I'll be glad to do it again."

Juliane waved her hand to me, and I did the same. She turned around and started pacing towards the entrance of her mansion, and even with her back on me, I could sense a smile on her lips. And that brought a smile to my face to. I ensured she got in safely, so I stayed out here and watched with my hands tucked inside the pockets of my jeans.

Even though she had completely entered the house, I just decided to stay on my spot. I figured it would be nice to hang around for a while, to really ensure her safety.

I took my stance next to the mailbox, leaning against it whilst staring at the opened sky.

I really liked her. I really did. But the thought of Jaehyun holding the same feelings made me so hesitant and insecure. As well as the fact that they actually had interactions before. Although I wanted to be so confident that I had a bigger chance with Juliane, I couldn't know for sure. To think that the entire time, Juliane had been interacting with Jaehyun and I had no clue. And to think that Jaehyun was the "a friend" that she mentioned, was crazy to think of. I knew I wouldn't be able to control Juliane's feelings, so the only option was wait and let her choose.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I felt a tingle. And then came a scream.

The scream echoed through the neighborhood. It was like the sound of a soul-wrenching terror echoing through the darkness. It had a mixture of pain and terror, with a hint of desperation and fear. And it came from Juliane's mansion.

I pivoted my head, my lips parting and my eyes augmenting widely. "Juliane." I mumbled, not wasting another second and sprinted my way towards their door. "Juliane?!" I shouted, grabbing the doorknob and tried pushing it open but it was locked.

"Fuck it." I mumbled. I forced and pushed the door open with brute strength, ignoring the lock that seemed like a mere inconvenience. With an animal-like ferocity, I bursted through the door, the sound of splintering wood and bending metal echoing through the room as a result of his forceful action.

I could hear Juliane's cry, and so I followed it and ended up in the living room.

And I saw Juliane. She was on her knees, crouched down to embrace the unconscious body on the ground. It was Taeil.

Taeil was laying in a pool of blood, his body motionless and still. The whole floor was drenched in blood, the vibrant red stain covering and coating everything. The air was thick and heavy with the smell of blood, the sweet metallic scent filling the room.

Things were already getting out of hand.

"Juliane." I said, barely a whisper.

She didn't react, she stayed on the floor, hugging her own brother whilst crying uncontrollably, her clothes now being soaked im blood.

I quickly kneeled down next to her, my fingers placing against Taeil's neck. And there it was. I felt a pulse. A sign for hope. "Juliane, we have to call an ambulance immediately." I said, my hand shaking her shoulder but she stayed unmoving. So instead, I pulled out my phone.

NOTE: Okay things get serious here. Anyways, say goodbye to Mark Lee cuz this will be his last pov chapter. I think. Idk. But yeah, now we back to Juliane next chapter.