43

𝟰𝟯: 𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗡𝗢𝗪?
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

It had been 10 minutes since Jaehyun came to make an appearance as Spiderman, and the party at Chenle's mansion continued. I had been trying to get out of the house to have that talk with Jaehyun, but Chenle had been bribing me to make him meet Spiderman personally again. When I had successfully gotten rid of Chenle with the help of Jisung, Juliane announced me her departure and I offered to get her home. I excused myself and claimed I had to visit the restroom, but in reality I swung out of the mansion and back to the tree where Jaehyun and I were in the beginning of the evening.

"Woah." I expressed after nearly slipping on the thick branch, but with my reflexes, I managed to grab ahold and hung for a bit, before pulling myself up to join Jaehyun who was still suited in the Spiderman suit, seeming to be deep in his contemplation. "Whats up? What did you want to talk about?"

Sure I sounded casual about this, but deep down I was impatient. I wanted to know what the hell was happening.

"Mark," Jaehyun started, letting me take a seat first before continuing. "Juliane is in danger."

"W- What? What do you mean?"

"Do you remember the girl I've been keeping an eye on, almost everyday after our night duties? The one I talked about to you? It's her. It's Juliane Moon."

"But... But you've been talking about her since like... forever. You don't mean to say that she's been under heavy hazard after all this time."

"Ever since the entire high-tech weapon case commenced, she's always been in great danger."

I felt light-headed and a bit disoriented, as mind began buzzing aching concern. I whipped a sweat from my brow, feeling overwhelmed about this sudden information. "You're saying she's involved in this case?"

"She is, and it all stems to her father, Mr. Moon. It's her father business' that allows all these prohibited high-tech weapons and materials get snuck into Queens. MoonDelivery is the most known international shipping company, especially amongst rich people. Apparently, the shipments don't get an inspection from the government for safety precaution because they very much trust Mr Moon. Or so they thought."

I felt surprised by this unexpectedness. My heart was pounding in my chest, and my breathing became short and shallow. I felt overwhelmed with a sudden surge of adrenaline, causing me to feel shaky and anxious. I struggled to collect my thoughts and process of the situation, his body flooding with emotion and shock.

"Wait... Are you saying she's connected to the bad guys?"

"No, fortunately not. I've been trying to connect the dots whilst investigating and inspecting from afar. I believe somebody is using Mr. Moon to get ahold of these prohibited weapons and materials through extortion. They're threatening Mr. Moon through the act of harming his children, both Taeil Moon and Juliane Moon. Though, they never truly intend to hurt them, but there had been cases, especially with Juliane where she could've been possibly harmed because the main culprit had been sending his men to do the job but... I was there to stop them before they could even come in contact with her."

I was mixed with many emotions. I was shocked, overwhelmed, worried, but also a bit angry. And anger was always the strongest emotion, so it took control of my body. "What the fuck Jaehyun... Why the hell didn't you tell me about this way before?"

"Look, I'm sorry Mark, I didn't know you knew her-"

"I do not have to know her to know about this!" My voice raised with intensity, clearly suggesting that I was angry. My pulse raced and I breathed heavily, almost as if I would burst. "This is like a huge lead to the case we've been trying to figure out for over several months now. And you only tell me this now? I thought we were in this together."