46

𝟰𝟲: 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗛 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗗

It had been 2 days, and I still refused to leave the hospital. I had been staying beside Taeil every hour, and every minute and every second. Just a day ago, the police visited to ask me questions about this incident, and fortunately enough, Naomi's father was the one to question me so I felt less unease. There wasn't much to say, so that left them disappointed as they weren't given much information to narrow down the case and track whoever was responsible for this monstrosity.

But I had been thinking a lot. Throughout the two nights I stayed here, I kept my focus on the hospital's balcony, hoping that a certain someone would visit. Venom. I just knew this whole thing, would have to do something about Venom and his choice of keeping touch with me. I knew it was about my father too, because from this day, he was unreachable and that made me believe that he wasn't overseas for business. The same went for my mother. This was sketchy.

People had been visiting a lot: Taeyong, Donghyuck, Naomi, Chenle, Jeno and of course Mark.

Mark had been staying with me since Taeil got in. He stayed morning, noon and evening, even if that meant that he had to skip school. I told him not to, and assured him that I would be perfectly fine, but he insisted. His presence did truly make a difference, it comforted me so much and I was profoundly grateful.

I was perched on the chair next to the Taeil's bed, my hands firmly gripped around his.

And Mark, who had been here since the morning stood up from the couch just behind me, a small sigh slipping out of his lips. "Juliane, I have to get going now." He explained and drew closer to me. "Johnny needs me at home, but I promise you, I'll be back again tomorrow morning."

I swiveled my head to connect eyes with his, my lips slowly forming into a frail smile. "You don't have to Mark. You know, you can't skip school anymore, you have to go back. There's even finals soon."

Mark nodded, agreeing. "Yeah, I know. But what about you? Will you be okay?"

The concern seen in his face, and heard in his voice melted my heart completely. This was why I loved him. "Don't worry about me, Mark. I'll figure things out. Everything's gonna be fine, if I get contact with my parents again. But everything's fine now too, because Taeil is in fact still alive. So don't worry."

Mark grinned weakly. He cupped my cheek and rubbed small circles on my skin, with the use of his thumb. After that, he pivoted his heel and approached the exit and left.

And I was left alone with Taeil. I heaved and turned my attention back to Taeil. The grip I had on his hands tightened.

To be honest, I was scared. Like really scared. I felt so alone. Taeil was unconscious, and the doctors couldn't promise when he'd be awake, and with my mom and dad being so non existent right now, frightened me even more. I really was alone. I knew something was up, and I hated the fact that I was just sitting here doing nothing.

God... I never would've expected for this to happen. All I believed was that I'd be in the cinemas with Mark yesterday, and I might've possibly confessed my genuine feelings to him to finally commence a relationship, but here I was, miserable.

Gosh... What did I do to deserve this?

Thud.

I gasped inwardly, instantly looking up at the see through balcony doors with squinted eyes. I looked closer, and saw him. I saw Venom.

Finally.

I quickly jumped up from my seat, gently letting of Taeil's hands before pacing my way towards the doors of the balcony. When I got a better look, I saw Venom standing by the barrier, and right next to him was Spiderman, crouched on the baluster.