8

𝟴: 𝗔𝗡 𝗔𝗣𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬

The weekend had started a few hours ago, and I was feeling relieved to finally have a break from schoolwork. It was late on Friday night, and I was enjoying some relaxation time in my room. Originally, I had planned to take a much-needed nap, but Taeil unexpectedly came into my room and wanted to spend time with me. At first, I actually wanted to be left alone as I had a pretty hectic week, but Taeil's company wasn't bad. I was lying in a prone position, my legs swinging back and forth in the air as I kept focus on the television in front me. Meanwhile, Taeil was lying supine on my bed.

"You joined the Academic Decathlon team again?" Taeil asked with a hint of disapproval, his voice laced with worry. "Are you not forgetting how much stress it gave you, to both study for the nationals and for your mocks last time?"

I cupped my cheeks, my eyes fully captivated by the pixelated screen. "Yeah I know... But it wouldn't hurt trying one last time. You know?"

Taeil scoffed, I could feel the bed shaking a bit as he sat up. "JM, I'm gonna remind you that it's gonna be your last year. You're gonna have to study both for the nationals, and your finals. Your finals. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

I pivoted my head to look at Taeil. And when I saw the seriousness of his face, I trembled a bit.

I knew he was just being the caring brother he was. I still recalled how upset he had gotten, the time he walked into my room with food, and caught me bawling my eyes off because I failed one of my mock exams. Though, he had got to think of how much I evolved and developed throughout my years in High School. In my opinion, I had personally gotten a lot better education wise.

"I'll be fine Taeil." I assured with a small laugh.

Taeil stared at me with the same frown. He was way too worried about this. When he had noticed that I held not a single doubt, his facial expression slowly calmed down. "Yeah, who am I kidding? You're one of the smartest people I know." His lips turned into a smile. He leaned forward and reached out for my head, to give my hair a messy ruffle.

I carefully pushed his hand away with a small laugh. Following that, Taeil laid next to me on a prone position as well, and we both ended up watching the TV in silence, completely engrossed though not me entirely. My mind was still wandering elsewhere.

I couldn't get the encounter I had with Venom at the rooftop. It still made my mind go crazy.

How did he know my name?

What did he mean about my father's company?

I silently looked over at Taeil. I knew he knew about our father's work, or at least he knew more. "Taeil... Can I ask you something?"

"What is it JM?"

"Do you know... exactly what they do in dad's workplace?"

"You mean MoonDelivery? I believe it operates similarly to FedEx, but with a more advanced approach, handling larger and exclusive items like valuable artwork, furniture, and other similar possessions. MoonDelivery is highly appreciated by wealthy individuals, which explains why father earns a substantial income from it. Why do you ask?"

"Oh... I'm just really curious that's all." I muttered before looking away.

Taeil watched as my face grew more curious and worried. His heart couldn't help but break at the sight of his own sister being in this position. Without no hesitation, he flung himself on me and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, embracing me tightly while planting small kisses on my head. "Come on JM don't be sad~ You're a big girl you can't frown like that anymore silly. I promise someday dad will take a break from his work and spend more time with us."