33

𝟯𝟯: 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗣 𝗧𝗢 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗣
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

A few of Midtown's Decathletes gathered in front of the school, preparing to leave for the nationals in Washington. The sun had not yet risen, and the sky was still dark. The wind was blowing, but it wasn't too cold yet. As the bus slowly approached, we began to board, ready for an unforgettable experience in Washington. There were still a few Decathletes missing, so during the process of this, we also hoped for the then to arrive soon.

I slumped on the seat next to Donghyuck, whom was quietly looking out of the window.

"Hey dude-"

"What on earth do you think you're doing?" Donghyuck questioned, his eyes scanning me from head to toe. "I saved this seat for Naomi, you better sit your ass somewhere else." He hissed threateningly, before jerking his head to the seats behind us. "Why don't you take those seats? Oh, and invite your crush to sit with you too."

"G- Gwen?"

Donghyuck groaned. "No you idiot, I meant Jules."

I could feel my cheeks heating up, and I immediately scanned the area, hoping nobody heard that. "What are you talking about? You're so weird." I mumbled.

"And you're in denial." Donghyuck said.

I cleared my throat, and tried to shrug the topic off, and initiated a new one. "Anyways," I tucked my hands in my hoodie's pockets and slouched on my seat. "Tonight, I'll be heading off somewhere." I leaned closer to Donghyuck to whisper something in his ear. "You know, business stuff?" I showed him a rock and roll hand sign and flicked it twice. "Phew phew."

Donghyuck's eyes widened at the information I just blew in his face. "What? Are you-" He stopped himself from speaking after noticing that his voice was raised. He then drew closer to me to whisper shout. "Why?! We're here for the Nationals! You can't just swing through Washington as Spiderman!"

I frowned a bit at Donghyuck's disapproval. Usually, especially during my first stages of being Spiderman, he was always supportive of every decision I made but as time passed by, he had gotten more protective and rather worried for me. That was understandable. He was my best friend after all. "I know, I know it sounds stupid and crazy but you gotta trust me in this one Hyuck. It's important. It's about the those high-tech weapons." I paused and looked him in the eyes. "We finally have a lead."

This peaked Donghyuck's curiosity. His eyes flickered. "Wait, really? Holy shit... After several months, you finally have a lead? This is good."

I nodded my head, feeling relieved that Donghyuck wasn't going to disagree any longer. "Me and Venom found a group of people in Forest Hill who have possessions of these high-tech weapons. They revealed that they got it from another group in Washington, and they gave me the address so I'm heading there tonight. They claim that they're higher in the hierarchy."

Donghyuck knitted his eyebrows. "How are you so sure they're being truthful?"

"Because Venom did physical interrogation on them. They spoke the truth out of fear and pain." I explained, though a bit hesitant. It was never really anything refreshing to tell that we were hurting people.

Donghyuck gasped lowly. "Holy shit, you guys are acting without the knowledge of NYDP, aren't you?"

I nodded my head slowly with hesitance again.

Donghyuck smirked and chuckled. "Badass." He extended his hand out for a handshake. "Anyways, I got you, I'll back you up if something goes wrong."

"Thanks dude. I appreciate it."