42

𝟰𝟮: 𝗗𝗢 𝗠𝗘 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗩𝗢𝗥
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I noticed people here tend to celebrate despite after somewhat traumatizing occurrences, because each and every Decathlete from the Academic Decathlon team attended Chenle's party without hesitance or doubts. Everybody was present, except for Gwen as obviously she wasn't in the right condition to participate.

The party celebration in the mansion was a night filled with fun and celebration. An extravagant and opulent space, the mansion provided a setting worthy of such a "grand occasion", or at least that was how Chenle treated it. A festive atmosphere pervaded the mansion, and the guests were treated to a gallons of alcohol. The party-goers engaged in stimulating conversations, filled with entertainment and joy. The music played in the background filled the air, adding to the celebratory atmosphere. This might be a bigger party compared to the last one.

I was approximately an hour late to the party. I had to spill all the tea to Johnny. Not only about the lair and the new informations I had gathered, but also the entire Juliane situation. Just like Donghyuck, Johnny was pretty unamused that I had only figured out my feelings for Juliane currently, but was happy for me.

And of course, I also had to fill in Jaehyun about everything. For now, we knew one thing for sure; Whoever was in charge of getting the prohibited weapons and materials was in Queens.

And for now, I asked Jaehyun to do me a favor. A big one in fact. Jaehyun and I were found hidden in one of Chenle's tall trees, that rowed down the pathway from his gates to his entry.

A bit nervous, I was perched on the branch that stuck out the wood. I attempted to calm myself down, my hand on top of my chest as I took big and deep breaths.

Meanwhile, Jaehyun was crouched down next to me. Irritated grunts and heaves slipped his mouth, as he tugged on the Spiderman spandex that I forced him to wear. "Seriously Mark, this is stupid. Like really stupid." Jaehyun criticized, clearly not liking the idea I had in mind; Which was to pretend to be Spiderman, so I could convince Juliane that I wasn't Spiderman.

I would've never expected to see Jaehyun in my Spiderman suit ever. And to be frank, he could really pull it off. The Spiderman suit was perfectly fitted to his body and accentuated his muscular frame, creating a stunning ensemble. It made me jealous actually. What if Jaehyun stood in front of Juliane and mesmerize her, while I stood there as the real Spiderman, whom didn't fit her standards.

I jutted my lips out and swiveled my head to eye him deep in the eyes, pleadingly. "Please Jaehyun, just this one time."

I could sense an eye roll from him behind that mask he wore. "So this is all about because somebody figured out you're Spiderman?"

I nodded my head aggressively, trying to accentuate the importance of the situation. "Yeah, my girl, she figured out. I don't want her to think it's me, because you know how much people get in trouble when they find out about a vigilante's identity."

Jaehyun smiled, a small chuckle leaving his mouth. "Your girl? Well, seems like this is important to you, so I'll do it." He then turned his head to me seriously. "But really Mark, if she figured out, you really gotta be better at being Spiderman."

My girl. She wasn't really my girl, perhaps not yet. It was just an expression to show that it was somebody important to me, but I let it slide and let Jaehyun think otherwise.

I nodded my head in response to his words. "Yeah dude, I'll be wary from now on." I said, determined and stood up from the tree. "Anyways, the plan is I head to the balcony where they're at, and then you just swing by and... improvise I guess."