39

𝟯𝟵: 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

Night was approaching which dimmed the sky entirely, darkness hovered Washington with the moon as the only source of light. I had finally finished Spiderman business. I swung back to the Hotel, and attached onto the wall on my feet and fingers as I tried my hardest to push open the window of mine and Donghyuck's room. When I did, I crawled in and collapsed on the ground, grunting and groaning out of pain. I rolled around the rugged ground, not even wanting to stand up or budge for a bit as my body had been exhausted to the max. "Ughhh..." I slurred.

Donghyuck's face flooded with shock and relief when he recognized me, who had miraculously returned safely. He jumped off the bed and darted his gaze at me. "Jesus Mark! Where the hell have you been? I thought you'd already be back by the time we got back from the museum. Do you know how worried I was, and the others too to discover that you just disappeared?!"

With droopy eyes, I pushed myself up on the ground and looked at my friend before pulling off the mask from my head. "Yeah yeah, I know I'm sorry. Complications with the police and stuff." I chuckled dryly and got on my feet. "I had to prove them that-"

Donghyuck embraced me immediately, wrapping his arms around me in a hug laced with worry and relief. He was elated and delighted to see me return home safely and unharmed, and all his worries and fears were washed away by the warm, comforting embrace.

I smiled to myself and wrapped only one arm around him, then patted his back.

"Don't worry Donghyuck. I'm okay now~"

Donghyuck broke the hug, and as if we didn't just share a touching and heart warming moment, he shoved his fist on my chest, hard and firm. "You idiot! You should've never went out there, and stayed for the competition!" He huffed and turned his heel to take a seat on the bed.

"Ouch." I coughed and rubbed at the aching spot, before turning to gaze at my friend. "Well I didn't, and it's over now, and I'm back and safe." I paused for a brief moment before speaking again. "What did you tell the others? About my absence?"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "They attacked me with so many questions and the only excuse I could find was that you were sick." He explained and crossed his arms, still upset about the entire situation. "And when they found out you just disappeared after the whole museum incident, I told them you went home to a relative who lives here and I'm gonna tell you... your Coach isn't too fond of that, so be prepared for a scolding."

I gritted my teeth, clearly fearful. "Yikes... Well, at least you didn't tell them that I was Spiderman."

Silence fell as I went over to my bed to toss my bag pack on the mattress, and get dressed as well and I continued the conversation with a question I was dying to pose.

"So... Is Juliane okay, after what happened?"

"Yeah she is. She's grateful she's alive. Oddly enough, she questioned more about why Spiderman is here rather than her own well-being. She's been reflecting about everything's that's happened in the rooftop, I don't know if she's still up there."

"That's good, I'm glad she's okay... And Gwen?"

"Well I mean... I heard she fractured her back a bit as well as her arm, so she's still at the hospital."

"She did? Fuck... " I sighed, my face buried in my face. "That's my fault."

"Hey, come on Mark, don't say that. At least she's alive. She's alive because of you. You were in a dilemma, and you wouldn't have been able to save them safely simultaneously. You did your best."

"Yeah... I guess I did."

"When you had to save one of them in the safe way, you were aware about the consequence of the other person right?" Donghyuck looked at me with a pause. "Was the choosing just arbitrary, or not?"

"No." I said. "I chose Juli without any hesitation."

I could feel Donghyuck smiling. Almost smirking actually, but he knew the moment was way too serious for any prodding.

I sighed, my fingers running through my hair as I darted my determined and slightly confused eyes to my friend, my jaw clenching together as I spilled out what I've been keeping in me for a very long time. "Donghyuck... I think I'm in love with her."

Donghyuck stared at me, unamused. "Congrats on being the last one to find out."

I rolled my tongue against my inner cheek, my hands landing on my waist as I pondered deeper and deeper. "I'm serious Donghyuck. This entire mission, the only thing I could think of was her. Only her. It's always been her, and I'm gonna explode if I don't say something."

The tanned boy kept his arms crossed against his chest. "Okay then, go after her. Let it out of your chest." He smiled