32

𝟯𝟮: 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘'𝗦 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗔 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗗
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

It didn't take long for Venom and I to haul these criminals back into their lair for interrogation. The four of them were perched on the ground, against the wall, whilst Venom tried forcing answers out of them. As expected, they didn't say anything but sneered and spat at Venom with hatred.

Meanwhile, I was roaming around the small, dimmed and dirty room. As I looked in their lair, it stared back at me, with me being very horrified on how filthy it looked. There I was, slowly plodding through the room with furnace of disgusting smell, my feet were suddenly seeking in the abomination of trash. It was practically just an abandoned place, that they chose to lounge at.

There was a small, disappointed frown that grew on my lips. "This is a lame lair."

I placed my hands on my waist and swiveled around, to make my approach towards where Venom was with the others. As I stood just behind Venom, I tuned into the interrogation.

"We're not telling anything to you, you freaks!" The man in in the denim jumper hissed, his nose scrunching together. It seemed like he was the leader of this gang, considering he was the one dosing most of the talk.

Venom let out a heave, a long one. He let his hand run down the shape of his head, before crouching down to their level. "Tell me where you're getting these weapons. I won't ask again. I'm serious." I had never heard Venom be this serious, his voice was so blood-curdling.

There was a clear trace of fear in their faces. I knew if Venom gave it a last push, he would get them to talk.

"We told you! We're keeping our fucking mouths shut! You're not getting anything from us-"

Venom pointed one of the weapons in front of his face, as the sound of energy building up stopped the man from speaking. "You're gonna talk, or I'm gonna fucking pull the trigger." Venom threatened.

This only made the man laugh. His other goons laughed with, though nervous. "Please, you're gonna make me believe that you're gonna kill me? That's not what vigilantes do, you idiot-"

The man was cut off by the slap of the metallic weapon against his face, creating a hollow sound that echoed against his teeth and ear canals. The man grunted and crouched down the ground, gasping for air as he spat on blood. "Okay! Okay, we'll talk! Please!"

"Then fucking talk!" Venom's shout bounced off the walls, echoing throughout.

"We're just buyers! Please, we don't know anything about this!" The man begged. "We just got these from a group in Washington! They're the ones who have these weapons. I don't know if they're the one shipping it or manufacturing it, but that's all we know! I have their addresses and everything if you want them, I'll give you, but please, don't hurt us!"

Venom turned around to look at me after hearing the information, wanting to debrief it.

"That's a long way from here." Said Venom worriedly. "That's like a 5 hour drive."

"I have to be in Washington next week." I informed. "For the Academic Decathlon team. I'll do it. I'll sneak into their lair."

Venom nodded his head, relieved about the situation. He turned back to the men and threw the weapon to the side, before taking a step closer. "You guys were the same people who were in Midtown right? And the party? Why? Is it because of the girl?"

I tilted my head. "Wait, what girl?"

The four men hunched down, still crying and begging for forgiveness and freedom, but they weren't getting that at all.

"Please, we were just obligated to kill her!"

"By who?" Venom asked, his fists clenching.

"By the boss."

"You mean the ones in Washington?" I chimed in.

"No. No, they're not the boss. There are people on top of the hierarchy with all these high tech weapons. I assume they're the ones getting hold of them through international shipping. I'm not sure, but it's a guess. I don't know much of it, obviously because we're all just buyers. We don't know how they're handling business. This is all we know, we promise!"

Everything seemed pretty convincing, so Venom turned around to debrief with me again. "Okay, we'll call the NYPD now to lock these guys up. But, we're not telling them anything about what we just got."

I nodded. "Okay... But hey, who's the girl?"

Venom shook his head a bit. "You don't have to worry about that. I'll worry about that, for now you gotta start planning on how to handle things in Washington. Okay?"

"Yes sir."

NOTE: Get ready guys, because the next chapters will mostly be Mark's pov and (spoiler hehe) his realization of liking Juliane because he was a dumbass to not notice in the very beginning.