57

𝟱𝟳: 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠, 𝗡𝗔𝗢𝗠𝗜

It was a lot easier to break into the headquarters of MoonDelivery. We didn't even need Donghyuck's skills for it. Mark simply swung us to the rooftop and kicked the rooftop door open, we headed down the stairs and claimed one of the many conference rooms and waited for the others to arrive. In the meantime, Mark and I were perched next to each other by the oval table, sharing stories.

"And like come on, food poison? That was probably the dumbest excuse you've made." I said while trying to suppress a laugh.

Meanwhile Mark sat there, timid and shy to hear all the flaws he's made when concealing the fact that he was Spiderman. He found his hand scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, I mean at least I tried right? Or what if was doing it on purpose? You know, so I could get your attention more by being Spiderman?"

I smiled faintly at him, my head tilting slightly to the side. "Come on Mark Lee, you don't have to be Spiderman to get my attention. You've had my attention since I saw you practically steal my best friend from me during Freshman year." I cupped my cheek and placed my elbow on the table, and continuously stared at him. "I fell in love with Mark Lee, not Spiderman."

Mark sighed lowly. He buried his face in his palms, as a way to hide his flushed cheeks. And soon after, his face was on the table.

That was always something I loved seeing: Mark getting flushed and shy.

"And I know you always doubt it, which I don't understand." I looked at him proceed hiding his face on the table, and I smiled ridiculously, I could feel my cheeks twitching. "I know you think of yourself as a nobody, but to me you've always been a somebody. You don't have to be popular or rich to be a somebody, you just gotta be you and someone will be there to notice it and admire it."

Mark didn't budge on his spot. I wagered he was still blushing down there.

I placed my hand on top of his head. I could feel my fingers being tickled and engulfed by his soft and black locks. And I played with them. "You're too cute." I mumbled. Soon after, Mark pulled himself up into a proper sitting position and reached out to intertwine his fingers with mine. And I thanked the HQ for having an awesome lighting here, because the sight of Mark's crimson cheeks made everything better.

Mark and I were supposed proceed chatting, but we were interrupted by another presence walking in.

It was Jaehyun, in his Venom suit.

Even with that mask on, I could tell that his eyes were augmented at the sight of me and Mark. He was definitely stunned by the fact that Mark was fully unmasked. "Oh hey." Jaehyun said beneath his breath, almost a mumble. His eyes then lingered down to our hands, clasped against each other. "Oh... Seems like you guys figured things out." Jaehyun said, smiling warmly.

Jaehyun immediately comprehended the situation. He didn't have to ask. He just knew.

For some reason, both Mark and I feel flushed about this and found ourselves pulling our hands away from each other.

"Umm." I said, clearing my throat. "Do you know when Donghyuck and Naomi are coming?" I inquired with a sheepish smile, trying to shift the subject.

Jaehyun walked further into the room, now standing by the tall glass windows to inspect the bustling city below us. "I came with them, they're just a bit slow." He explained. "They'll be here soon."

Mark and I chose to fill them up with these new informations together in this room, but Donghyuck and Jaehyun couldn't wait any longer and Mark ended up telling them everything through a phone call. But what we did decide on doing was telling Naomi everything here, right now, as soon as she walks past through that door. We knew she was aware of the whole collaboration with Spiderman and Venom, but not about the entire sniper situation from yesterday.