7

𝟳: 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗟𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠

There was 10 minutes left before History class commenced, or in general, before school started, which explicitly explained why the hallways were dreadfully cramped and crowded. It was a mess, just like always.

I nonchalantly filled my lockers with books while also removing a few, unconcerned about the passing time.

Donghyuck positioned himself beside me, leaning against the lockers, his arms folded. There was a dreamy expression plastered on his tanned face, as though he was seeing heaven before his eyes. The way he acted as he told me about his little moment with Naomi yesterday (He walked her home whilst I and Mark were in detention), was quite endearingly entertaining.

"You should've seen the smile she had on her face, when I cracked jokes on her." Donghyuck shook my arm violently. He was clearly experiencing a rush of romantic excitement, and I absolutely envied that. "And she said I wasn't bad at all! So confirmed, she definitely likes me now." He scratched his chin and pondered deeply. "Well... Like as a friend. Not romantically though, but that's my goal."

My eyes merely rolled, but I couldn't suppress a smile on my lips. "Hasn't that been your goal since Freshman year?"

Irritated by my playful taunting, Donghyuck frowned and exhaled loudly. He crossed his arms and turned his face away, avoiding my gaze. "You're just jealous that I'm actually making a progress here... Unlike a certain someone." He scrutinized me from head to toe. Growing annoyed, I forcefully struck his face with my hand, causing his head to lightly collide with the locker. He shrieked out of pain.

"Did Naomi inform me correctly about your contemplation of becoming a member of the SoMe Club?" I raised my eyebrow. "Are you serious? Or is it just because Naomi is there?" I didn't even have to hear his response, I already knew.

Donghyuck chuckled sheepishly, lightly scratching the nape of his neck. "Hmm... Maybe that's why. However, I did inform her about my expertise in computers, particularly in editing."

I shook my head with a small scoff. "You're good at gaming and hacking or whatnot. But not editing. What are you on about? Well... You know what? I think it's a good idea. I'll support your pursuit of Naomi. Maybe that'll shake her thoughts of Thompson at last."

Donghyuck grinned proudly at my words, before dapping me up forcefully. He gripped my hand, and collided his shoulder with mine, then gave my hand a small shake, and my back a small pat. I continued organizing my belongings in my locker, and just as I was about to slam the door close, somebody chimed into the conversation of mine and Donghyuck. Somebody unexpected.

"Good morning guys~" It was Gwen Stacy.

She stood there so perfectly. So perfectly beautiful. Her pretty, pale and freckled skin. Her soft, wavy red hair. Her perfect self.

I understood perfectly why Mark Lee was head over heels for her.

Donghyuck's eyes immediately landed on me. He wanted to check how I was reacting to see my crush's crush in front of me. He cleared his throat before placing a smile. "Hey Gwen! Good morning to you too~ What's up?"

Gwen returned a smile to the tanned boy, or it wasn't like that smile ever left her face anyway. She then looked at me, and it indicated that she was here for me solely. "I just wanted to have a quick word with Juliane if that's okay."

After regaining my focus, I participated in the discussion and acknowledged her with a gesture. Meanwhile, Donghyuck eavesdropped in the background. "Uhh yeah sure~ What is it?"