48

𝟰𝟴: 𝗖𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞

I couldn't see anything and I couldn't hear anything. One thing I did knew for a fact, was that I was sitting on top of Spiderman. I immediately noticed how profusely uncomfortable the position we were in, and I squirmed around as an attempt to give more space for him but unfortunately, that only added to the discomfort.

"Don't move, don't move, don't move." Spiderman whispered into my ear, his voice was shuddering as he held me my waist, his fingers swathing around my curves to keep me still. "L- Let me hold you." He stammered.

I knew why he didn't want me to move around. My rear was practically pressed against him. My body stiffened at the realization and I ensured to keep as still as I could, to make the entire situation better for the both of us. "I'm sorry..." I whispered back, barely heard despite the proximity between us.

And we were just here, huddled and squeezed in the cramped space of the dumbwaiter, with the darkness pressing in on all sides. Spiderman kept his hands on my waist, as though afraid that if he let go, I would proceed squirming around. I could feel my back pressed against his front, we were practically sharing body heat. The heat from our bodies made the air feel thick and heavy, the tension and closeness adding a seductive element to the atmosphere. And I could even feel his shakey breath through his mask tickling the skin of my neck, as he had his chin rested on top of my shoulder.

The atmosphere inside the dumwaiter was tensed. While the tension was due to the presence of the guards in the file room, the element of physical closeness, and closeness in general was making the situation very sensitive.

I wanted to be out of this situation so bad. And I was beginning to hope that Spiderman wasn't a stranger, and that it was really just Mark Lee. Because that would make this entire circumstance a lot less nerve wrecking and awkward.

Fortunately, my focus was immediately hauled away from the situation, when I heard two familiar voices coming from outside the dumbwaiter. They were very familiar. And I was positive they were the guards from the first floor.

"What the fuck? Why are there files tossed around in here? Fucking hell, somebody's been here."

"Jesus Christ... You think it's Mr. Moon's daughter?"

"Why the hell would you think she'd be here, searching through files? It can't be."

"She was literally the only person we permitted to enter. Who else could it be? Maybe she's aware of what's going on, with Mr. Moon collaborating with those high-tech weapon sellers... I mean, she must be suspicious of why her brother was almost murdered."

"You're saying she's trying to figure out who The Foreman is? That's what they call him right, considering nobody knows him but Mr. Moon?"

"Yeah. I think so. Well, she's not gonna get anything in here. We all know The Foreman is very prudent about his moves, therefore he asks Mr. Moon to get rid of any documents about him and his shipments."

"God... Imagine if she came here yesterday. The Foreman's men were here, asking about her whereabouts just after they tried killing her brother."

"Well, for now on, when we see her, we're really gonna have to force her out of here. I don't think it'll be a good idea to get herself involved into these. It's dangerous. Mr. Moon wouldn't like it, and plus, this is the main reason why he even obliges The Foreman: To keep his family safe. Let's hope Mr. Moon comes back home to his family."

After several minutes, I heard the guards finally exiting the file room.

This was a relief. I opened the doors of the dumbwaiter and exited immediately, relieved that I had now escaped the awkward position with Spiderman. I could feel my cheeks burning because of it, and I just stood there and hoped that it wasn't too obvious to see.

Meanwhile, both Spiderman and Venom emerged from their hiding spots to join me.

"Well..." I cleared my throat, eyeing the boxes of files on the ground that the guards had decided to leave. "I guess looking through this is actually pointless. We need a new plan."

Venom nodded his head, agreeing to my words. "That's true." He paced around in circles, his hands on his waist. "You heard what they said earlier, right? They call him The Foreman." Both Spiderman and I nodded our heads, so that he could proceed talking. "Well, they said that his men were here yesterday. It sounds like they're the ones who have direct contact with The Foreman. If we can track them, then we can basically get to The Foreman too."

"How do we do that?" I asked.

"CCTV cameras." Venom explained. "They've probably captured them in the cameras yesterday. If we get a face, we might get their names, and we'll track them down."

"Yeah..." I said, my eyebrow cocking. "But how do we do that? I wager their security system here is not too easy to access, especially when they already know that I'm here lurking around. They're probably checking each and every room now."

"Then we do it at night." Venom said, very determined. "And we need to find somebody to collaborate with, to succeed with this mission. Somebody who's good with computers."

"I know someone." Spiderman chimed in, his hand up in the air. "I have a friend who's good at hacking and shit. He can definitely help us out."

I turned to face him, a relieved expression plastered on my face. "Good... What's his name?"

Spiderman stiffened at his spot when he heard the question. He looked at Venom, then at me and fumbled with his words. "Uhh... Actually, on second thought, my hacker friend is out of town. I don't think he'll be available to reach out to." He reasoned.

That bewildered me, the fact that he immediately turned it down, but I shrugged it off.

"Maybe you know someone?" Spiderman said.

"Me?" I pointed a finger wt myself.

Spiderman nodded his head aggressively. "Yeah. Maybe you know someone? I mean, do you know someone who's good at hacking and computer and shit? Maybe like a friend?" He asked, as though trying to help me think of somebody, which was successful.

I gasped as realization poked my head. "I do know someone. My friend, Donghyuck Lee. He can help us."

Spiderman sighed in relief. "Perfect! We'll do this tonight then."