47

𝟰𝟳: 𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦

I would've never expected to spend a Monday afternoon, working together with Spiderman and Venom to infiltrate MoonDelivery. But here I was, standing before the headquarters of MoonDelivery, located in Manhattan. Obviously I shouldn't have the struggle to strut inside this building without worrying about the security, but Spiderman and Venom did, therefore they snuck at the back to not get caught.

"Here goes nothing." I mumbled. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I could feel it pumping against my skin, so severe and hard. I didn't know why I was nervous, this was just the headquarters, not some sort of lair.

Still, something about this very situation made me nervous. Perhaps it was because of the fact that I might possibly be watched, by the enemies.

As the automatic doors slid open, I stepped in and entered the lobby, where counters were located with counter staffs writing on their notepads, or using their computers. And of course, most areas of the first ground was empty. I mean, this wasn't a building where customers would go into, because their products were obviously delivered to their doorsteps. It was only for conferences and so forth. Luckily, those counter staffs didn't notice or acknowledge my presence at all, so I walked in and headed for the elevator.

I couldn't even continue walking, when two buff and tall men blocked my way. They were the body guards. They were suited in those blue uniforms, with walkie talkies tucked in their belts, and a pair of sunglasses that pointlessly laid on the bridge of their nose. "Excuse me ma'am, but currently MoonDelivery do not let anyone in to the other stages. It's Mr Moon's order. You can return, when Mr Moon is back from being overseas."

Ah, I see. I assumed these people didn't truly know anything about what was occurring. I knew for a fact that my father wasn't overseas, and was probably away because of his sketchy business. He either shut down the headquarters for personal visits of customers for a bit, or these workers knew about the circumstance and was being wary.

"No. I must pass." I said, my face wearing an unamused face.

The two men exchanged looks, then looked back at me with their buffed arms crossed over their chest. "Ma'am, we're gonna have to ask you to leave and if you don't, we're gonna have to force you out."

I scoffed, my hands landing on my waist as I looked at them with an exasperated face. "Are you kidding me? You do know I'm Juliane Moon, the father of your damn boss? I can do whatever the hell I want in my father's workplace."

This caught them off guard a bit. Once again, these dumb men gave each other a glance, then looked at me again. "Oh, I apologize Miss Moon. We weren't aware. But I do have to make it clear that Mr Moon told us, not a single person would be allowed to get in except if you're a staff member-"

"Well, I'm a family member." I said, cutting him off. "My father always wants me to have what I want. I'm daddy's girl. You know he wouldn't be too pleased to hear if I tell him that you guys are in my way." I said threateningly, my eyes narrowing down.

All of that was a lie. And a lie always worked. Because now, these two seemed genuinely threatened.

"Now if you'll excuse me," I said, my hands pushing them to the sides so I could squish in between. "I have to go. You guys do not want to push my buttons. I might fire you."

When I pushed passed them, I quickly entered the elevator, and when the doors closed, I heaved. Phew. Well, those guards would definitely be a problem if we ever need to return here again.

Ding!

The doors slid open again, and I stepped out of the elevator to proceed down the corridor.