the lore

the character i have created for this book is Adeline Abertine. she has long ginger hair (like me hehe) and green eyes. she stands 5'5", which is about 3 inches taller than levi. the age is determined by the reader, but i think she falls somewhere in her late 20's for most of the story. (at least make sure she's not a minor, please lol. levi is like, in his 30's)

however! feel free to adjust the descriptions to your liking. i'll still be using my oc for writing purposes, so i know it may take mental gymnastics, but if you want this story more customized to you then i suggest doing so.

visual references at the bottom! (thank you bing ai image generator)

___________

Before the walls were established, the Abertine family once fought aside the Ackermans as protectors of the king. As a gift for serving such a long line of loyal warriors, the Abertine family was given the power of the Protector Titan; a tenth titan created solely for the purpose of stealth and defense. It has the ability to blend into its surroundings, granting it invisibility. It's body is also covered in various forms of bone-like material that serve as armor. Each version of the titan has been able to produce a weapon of some sort, such as a sword or a war axe. The power was passed down from the head of each generation to the next.

During experiments and trials, it was discovered that genetic properties of the Protector Titan could be extracted and injected into Eldians without turning them into a shifter (much like the serum that is seen in the canon story). It is from the Protector Titan that the Ackermans received their god-like strength, as the power granted them additional advantages and abilities.

However, the clan became vulnerable targets for those greedy for the power, and were hunted by many powerful families looking to steal away the powers into their own bloodline.

At the same time, the walls began construction and there began a rift between the Albertines and the royal family. Much like the Ackermans later would, they grew restless with King Fritz's ideology. Now, with tensions at all time highs, the royal family hosted an eradication plan of the Abertine clan, with the goal of erasing the bloodline and keeping the Protector for themselves. During this bloodbath, some Ackermans loyal to the Abertines helped the remaining few escape. Among them was the host of the Protector, Griffith Albertine.

By the end of the battle, the King had managed to wipe out the majority of the bloodline. However, the power of the Titan had slipped through his grip. He sent out troops to search for them, but did not succeed. As time went on, he began to grow suspicious of Ackerman involvement, and this would eventually add to the many reasons the Ackermans would break apart from the royals as well.

Unbeknownst to the King, the Albertine family, who were still loyal to the protection of the Eldians, vowed to continue to fight for humanity. The took up residence outside of the walls and there they defended humanity on the front lines using the Protector and their heightened strength. The bounty the king had placed on their heads continues to this day, but the family name soon grew into legend, as no one had seen any trace of them within the walls for years. Due to little evidence of survival, it is unknown if they still exist or where the Protector power is.

There have been reports of randomized events by those living on the outer towns of Wall Maria. These range from odd earthquakes to strange blasts of light. However, these have been written off as randomized phenomena and far off storms.

The Scout's have their own set of records about this strange activity from expeditions beyond the walls, although most of them have been kept from the public's knowledge for security reasons. Rumors speculate that soldiers have encountered Titans outside the walls that have been sliced in half or ripped apart. However, it is important to note that these are rumors, and there is no evidence to back them up.

The Abertine name is now only a bedtime story told to scared little children. The folktale gained popularity due to its tendency to instill hope and security in those who believed in it.

___________

visual references weewoo:

Adeline Abertine:

Protector Titan (finished for now, but i may revisit if my digital drawing skills improve lol):