chapter 25; a new queen

note: sorry for such a delay

note: sorry for such a delay. life had been exceptionally annoying recently, so i've been very caught up. i'm trying to post more updates on my message feed, so if you'd like to get those notifs, then considering staying up to date with that. but now after this chapter, we're finally getting into some of the non-canon fun little levi x reader moments i've planned... like maybe a ball... hehe

__________________

Levi explained the current plan as you made your way to the walls. As Hange said, Rod Reiss had turned into a giant abnormal titan and was heading straight for Orvud. In a desperate attempt to minimize casualties, Erwin had ordered an evacuation "drill" so that the city was prepared if things should go south while keeping civilians calm. It was now a part of your duty to aid in the fighting effort to take down Rod Reiss. It was also explained to you that should Rod be defeated, Historia would be swiftly appointed Queen, thus marking this mission with a new level of urgency.

You landed on the walls with the rest of Squad Levi. To you left sat the monstrous titan that was Rod Reiss. You inhaled in terror and awe at the sheer size of the titan as steam billowed out from its body.

The rest of your friends turned to face you, and you greeted them with a quick smile. Most everyone seemed too preoccupied with the problem at hand to offer you a proper greeting. Hange, however, seemed exceptionally happy to see you, but you blamed her giddy mood on the massive titan that now lurked right next to the walls.

"Adeline!" The brunette squealed. It was now in the daylight that you noticed her arm was injured, presumably from the quarrel they had with the Military Police and the Reiss Chapel the day before. Your friend gave you a hefty slap on the back as she continued, "See! I told ya we'd get you out of there somehow."

You rubbed your shoulder from where Hange had slapped you and meekly laughed along. "Heh, I guess you're right. Although they could've been a bit swifter with it..." You chided as you turned to Levi, still a little annoyed that you truly almost died due to their slow pace.

Levi shrugged and offered you a coy smirk. "You mean to tell me you didn't enjoy telling those assholes off?"

You shot him a sideways glance, ignoring his nonchalant comment.

"Adeline, happy to see you back with us." Erwin's voice sounded from behind you.

You turned to face him with a salute, your expression growing serious. "Sir." You greeted.

He raised a hand in dismissal, "At ease, Abertine. I'm just glad to see you back. We're going to need your experience to take down this titan. I assume Levi filled you in on the plan?" He asked, earning a nod from you. "Wonderful. We've already blown through the cannon supplies and it did nothing." He said in dismay. "Which means we will have to proceed with our backup plan."

"But that also means we get to use these bad boys!" Hange piped up, motioning towards a barrel on wheels which two harpoons tied together with rope. You deadpanned a little, growing slightly discouraged at the thrown together bomb that the success of this mission was currently riding on. "You could at least show a little interest." Hange mumbled, noticing your expression.