chapter 13; moonlight

note: happy new year everyone! here's a cute little chapter for you all

note: happy new year everyone! here's a cute little chapter for you all. however, fair warning, i'm still hungover from last night so pls ignore any spelling errors because i do not have the energy to proof read right now :P (i had a drunken idea to make a nye themed aot one-shot book, but i have no idea if i'll ever get around to that haha)

________________

You had said goodbye to the soldiers you were sitting with as you finished your dinner. They were a friendly bunch, which was a nice reprieve from the anxiety you felt about the expedition tomorrow. It was now late at night, a peaceful silence blanketed the city as you made your way to your room.

The wooden door creaked softly behind you as you slid into your dormitory. After lighting a candle to illuminate the room, you sat down on the edge of your bed and rested there for a moment. The moon was now shining brightly over the walls, and you gladly sat there, soaking in her light.

You reached for your sleepwear, deciding it was a good idea to get some sleep, but a quiet knock at the door stopped you in your tracks.

"Hello?" You asked, striding to the door. To your surprise, Levi was standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Oh hey, Levi. What's up?"

He cocked his head, signaling you to follow him. "C'mon. I want to show you something." He turned on his foot to leave, not bothering to check if you would follow.

"What? Hey, don't just walk away from me." You called out in confusion, but followed him nonetheless. "What on earth is there to show me this late at night, huh? Can you at least tell me what this is about before I say yes?"

He shrugged, and kept looking forward. "You said I owe you, right? Personally, I don't like being in debt. So come with me. Or don't, I don't really care. I was on my way out anyway. I just figured I'd return your favor from earlier. "

"Well, yeah-... But I was joking. Jeez, you take everything so seriously, don't you?" You groaned.

The both of you turned the corner towards the armory, where Levi made a quick stop to grab a pair of ODM gear. It was only now that you realized he wore his ODM harness over his casual clothes. "I can't give you a pair of your own yet. That would get the both of us in trouble. So you're just gonna have to hold onto me." He said as he fastened the gear to his sides. "You alright with that?"

"Do I have a choice?" You questioned sarcastically.

"You always have a choice." He said matter-of-factly, as he rose to his feet and waited for your answer.

"You always have a choice." You mocked, starting to get fed up with his secretive act. "Didn't know you like to give inspirational speeches in your free time, Levi." This earned an eye roll from him and he turned to head for the door without you. "Okay, fine! I guess I'll come along. Just stop being so weird, it's creeping me out." You sighed.