chapter 21; worlds apart

note: hello lovelies! longer chapter today, but i'm really enjoying the slow burn right now so hehe sorry :P i just wanted to say that i read somewhere that isayama said levi would act awkward/clumsy in a relationship and would bring his s/o lots ...

note: hello lovelies! longer chapter today, but i'm really enjoying the slow burn right now so hehe sorry :P i just wanted to say that i read somewhere that isayama said levi would act awkward/clumsy in a relationship and would bring his s/o lots of gifts and that made me giggle and kick my feet so i had to share. i think that's exactly how i imagine levi to be! so it's perf

________________________

You don't know where they had taken you, only that it was far and the journey was long. Immediately upon arrival, you were dragged into a cold and damp holding room. Hours of processing, questioning, waiting, and more questioning had passed, and you still sat in the same dark room on a rickety wooden chair. The small window that was positioned at the top of the wall to your right was the only indication of the setting sun, which casted a dim glow into the room.

The high ranking military officer that had been interrogating you had left a good while ago, promising to 'be back soon', but at the rate that everything had been moving, you knew better than to get your hopes up.

Your stomach growled as you dropped your head back in boredom. You were surrounded by a heavy silence in the room you were currently held in. It was nothing short of a cell — almost no windows, absolutely zero furniture other than the desk and chairs that you currently sat at, and a thick wall of stone separating you from the outside world.

You wondered how much longer you'd be stuck here in this cell, handcuffed to the chair. You knew better than to expect food, but you were beginning to grow more and more famished with each passing hour.

Finally, you heard the hinges of the wooden door creak as it was opened once more. A few soldiers stepped in, taking up guard along the walls in silence. Trailing behind them was Nile and your eyes narrowed at the man.

"Out of all the people we've interrogated, you are by far one of the most frustrating." He sighed, looking at your standoffish demeanor. You had given nothing away about your past or of your knowledge about life beyond the walls in the past three hours of questioning, and you could tell it was annoying him. "Luckily for you, we don't have any more time today to chit chat with you." He nodded to the soldiers to unchain you from the chair and escort you out.

You were forcefully pulled from your sitting position and shoved into the dim hallway. The graze wound from earlier groaned in pain as you were pushed forward into a walk. You saw Nile glance at your makeshift bandage, but he didn't say anything. He just continued past you, leading the small group further down the building.

"You may hate us for now, but maybe you'll be happy to hear that I managed to secure you a cell with your buddy." Nile said over his shoulder at you.

You cocked your head in confusion at his comment, not knowing who this 'friend' could be. Your questions were soon answered as you rounded a corner and came upon a cell holding none other than Erwin Smith. And boy, did he look awful. His black, swollen eye puckered out from his face as his singular arm was chained to the wall. He looked up at you as you were shoved into the cell and he offered a tired smile.