chapter 12; tea shop gifts

Within an hour, you had managed to secure your set of ODM gear

Within an hour, you had managed to secure your set of ODM gear. You triple checked that you had everything in place for your expedition tomorrow, looking at the line-up of clothes on the desk of the room you were in.

You finally felt like you were going to be worth something to your new friends, rather than just an involuntary couch potato. The evening sun shone onto your face through the window panes. You had more than enough time to kill, and decided to go look around town for the remainder of the day.

You donned a white long sleeve that had a small tie-up detail around the neck and paired it with a simple, ankle-length baby purple skirt. You grabbed the small amount of money you had earned while being in the Scouts. It wasn't much at all, but you hoped it would suffice.

You headed for your door and stepped out into the cool hallway. You were almost at the exit when you heard a velvety voice call out from behind you, "Where are you going?"

You stopped in your steps, cringing slightly before slowly turning around to face Levi, "I'm going to the market."

"Why? What do you need?" He questioned further.

"Poison. I plan to wipe out the entire regiment from within. I'm going to put it in the soup tonight." Your voice dripped with sarcasm as you spoke. You could tell the joke didn't go over well with him and you sighed. "Look, okay? I've never been to one." You said frowning, as if embarrassed.

Levi's eyes seemed to widen a little in surprise, but he nodded. "Yeah, I guess you wouldn't find one outside the walls." He turned to go back to his office as an idea popped into your head. Hange's words had been playing over and over, and you wanted to put it to the test.

"Y'know. If you're not too busy, you could come with me." You suggested.

He paused, thinking for a moment. "Alright. I needed a few things anyway." He said. You grinned in success as you two exited the building together.

____________________

The market was crowded, but it didn't seem to bother you. You were like a kid in a candy shop. So many different merchants with so many different wares. Spices, jewelry, beautiful fabrics. It's like this market had everything. "Wow..." You gushed, not knowing where to look first.

You didn't notice it, but a small smile had formed on Levi's lips. "Oi, you're drooling." He said, pulling you out of your daze.

"Jerk." You snipped.

You made your way over to a merchant selling fabric and clothes. There were so many vibrant colors and designs, it made you dizzy. Most of the expensive items were in the front, so you wandered to the back of the stall to the more ordinary clothing as Levi followed you.

You first held up a simple yellow button up, similar to what Hange had and turned to Levi, looking for an opinion. He shook his head no, and you frowned before putting it back on the rack. A burgundy blouse then caught your eye and you eagerly grabbed it, turning to Levi once again.