chapter 37; reunion

note: i will be swamped with finals these next two weeks so unfortunately, there may not be as many updates

note: i will be swamped with finals these next two weeks so unfortunately, there may not be as many updates. here is the next chapter you've been waiting for. excuse any errors, it is currently 1am and i have been studying all day.

________________

As you watch Levi cut through the smoke and hone in on the Beast Titan, a surge of relief washes over you, momentarily lifting the heavy weight of despair from your shoulders. Without a second thought, you charge forward, the desperation in your voice echoing through the air as you cry out his name.

"Levi!"

Levi's gaze meets yours as he halts, his expression one of shock and disbelief. The Beast Titan, too, turns its attention towards you, a flicker of recognition crossing its features—a sight that fills you with confusion and dread. You can't shake the feeling of familiarity with this stranger.

The whole scene stops for a second in time to register your presence, including the ghastly looking quadruped titan that now shifted towards you, preparing to attack.

Levi's voice cuts through the chaos, sharp and commanding. "Adeline, you fool," he calls out, his tone laced with urgency. "Run!"

His words strike you like a physical blow, but there's no time to dwell on them as the Beast Titan prepares to strike. You watch in awe as Levi dodges the onslaught with grace and precision, his movements fluid and calculated. With a swift stroke of his blades, he slices through the Beast Titan's arm, earning a deafening roar of rage in response.

However, your attention is drawn to the approaching Cart Titan. Its long humanoid snout and uncanny build sends a shiver down your spine, and you instinctively halt in your tracks, sizing up the new enemy in front of you. In all of your experience with titans, you have never seen such an unsettling sight.

A primal scream tears from Levi's throat, a symphony of fury and anguish that echoes through the battlefield, drawing the attention of you and the Cart Titan. With unbridled determination, he focuses his onslaught on the Beast Titan's neck, his blades flashing in a blur of motion as he carves through flesh and sinew.

In a final, devastating blow, Levi slices through the Beast Titan's nape, rending it open with a ferocity that borders on madness. The titan shifter concealed within is sent hurtling out into the open, exposed and vulnerable.

Your blood runs icy cold as you lock eyes on the exposed figure, your stomach churning in realization. You've seen that face before--that same blonde hair and beard. You've seen it on the man who slaughtered your parents and ripped your brother from you.

Zeke.

Before he could hit the ground, before Levi could even raise his sword to deliver a final blow, you soared through the air, driving your sword straight through Zeke's stomach. The sheer force and vicious momentum that drove you forward took you and Zeke crashing to the ground, his blood splattering your clothes. Levi and the Cart Titan stood there in shock, still registering what had just happened