35

Jungkook was given a month. Time to recover from his injuries, to spend some quality time with Seokjin and to put into work the instructions he had been given. It was as if a time bomb had been stuck to his chest and he couldn't escape it exploding. These were going to be the hardest four weeks of Jungkook's life.

However, Jungkook decided to make the most of the little time he had left with Seokjin because he knew, for sure, that after carrying out Yeonjun's plan, he was going to lose Seokjin forever. Seokjin was going to go far away from him. But at the same time, Jungkook also felt so reluctant. If he spends more time with Seokjin, they'll create memories that will only break their hearts later. Jungkook didn't want Seokjin to suffer from his absence, even though he knew very well that would be the case. Jungkook told himself that the fewer memories and touches, the better. So he held back. 

After Jungkook was discharged from the hospital, Yeonjun became less strict with Jungkook and Taehyung when the two would come over to Seokjin's mansion to pick Seokjin up from home to go out, either the three of them together or just Taehyung or Jungkook with Seokjin. Yeonjun and Soobin were even less strict with Jungkook because, unlike Taehyung, Jungkook was going to be separated from the love of his life. Soobin and Yeonjun were doing their best to understand Jungkook. It obviously wasn't easy to break the heart of the person you love most in the world just to protect them.

Seokjin had insisted that he stay with Jungkook after the latter was allowed to leave the hospital. And who could have stopped him? Seokjin was always stubborn when it came to looking after his loved ones. So for a week Seokjin stayed with Jungkook at his private beach property. Jungkook had thought it would be better to go there because he didn't want people barging into his house. He already knew that his mother was going to tell everyone that he had been hospitalised.

One evening in that first week, lying on the big comfortable sofa in his living room, Jungkook sighed for the umpteenth time that day. Seokjin was sitting on the floor a few metres away, his back leaning against the sofa, glancing at Jungkook from time to time as he worked on his computer, which he had placed on the coffee table.

When Jungkook sighed again, Seokjin turned off his computer, then closed it and went to sit on the empty space next to Jungkook, facing him. Seokjin put his hand on Jungkook's chest, above his heart, and gently rubbed the area. 'You're tense, Jungkook.'

Of course it surprised Jungkook, especially as Seokjin said nothing at all but was studying his face intently, staring at Jungkook's face as if trying yo read him. Jungkook blinked, pouting as he was confused. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Jungkook asked.

Seokjin's eyes softened. Maybe he was staring a bit too much. "And how am I looking at you?" Seokjin asked however.

Jungkook scrutinised the young man's eyes for a moment, a rather comfortable silence settling in. Seokjin got to his feet, without saying a word he climbed over Jungkook, settling himself on Jungkook's lap. Seokjin sat there as if it were his throne, which made Jungkook smirk. Jungkook was enjoying the view. Since they came home from hospital, Seokjin has avoided all physical contact, whether it's cuddling, sitting on Jungkook's lap, sleeping on Jungkook, asking Jungkook to carry him or even giving him bone-breaking hugs. Seokjin had put all that on hold. Jungkook was getting nothing even though Seokjin was there, staying with him. All of that because Seokjin thought that touching Jungkook's wounds would cause him pain. So to see him take the initiative of straddling him made Jungkook tremendously happy and excited.

Jungkook could feel his body getting all giddy as Seokjin looked down on him. At last, after four days, Seokjin had initiated something. Jungkook's fingers were drawing on Seokjin's soft thighs. Jungkook thought Seokjin looked cute in the light blue pyjamas he was wearing, a soft cotton short sleeve shirt and its matching short. It was Jungkook who had bought it for him the time they'd both gone shopping together.