38

Taehyung jolted awake when he couldn't feel Seokjin beside him in bed. He first thought was to check the bathroom. He found him there in the bathtub, in the bubble bath smelling of raspberries and peppermint. Taehyung watched him for a moment as the other seemed lost in thoughts, staring vividly at the ceiling.

Taehyung let out a sigh. He had imagined the worst at first. Maybe Seokjin would be okay. Maybe he'd be fine without Jungkook in his life. But how could Taehyung know when he couldn't hear Seokjin's inner screams and suffering?

Taehyung knocked on the door to get Seokjin's attention but it wasn't enough. He then walked up to the bathtub and knelt down beside it, facing Seokjin. He snapped his fingers in front of Seokjin's face, which caused him to blink. Blinking thrice like he always does. Taehyung always found it so adorable the way Seokjin blinks.

However, despite Taehyung's efforts to get Seokjin's attention, Seokjin didn't look at him. Still, Seokjin knew that Taehyung was there from the moment the bathroom door was opened, he heard it. He hummed in acknowledgment of the other's presence.

"Seokjin, I thought you'd vanished without saying anything. You scared the life out of me," Taehyung spoke calmly.

Seokjin finally turned his head towards him. But he remained silent for a few seconds, scanning the expression on Taehyung's face. Seokjin brought his left hand out of the water and presented the back of his hand to Taehyung to show him the ring on his ring finger.

Taehyung's face became stoic for a brief moment before putting a fake smile on his face. "What is it? Do you want me to kiss your hand?"

"Hyung... this ring?" Seokjin asked hesitantly. He was hoping for a different answer from what Jia had already told him.

"What about it? It's beautiful, isn't it? I bought it for you. How do you find it?" Taehyung asked with his boxy smile on his face.

"You bought it... for me," Seokjin said in a lowered voice. Taehyung felt bad for lying but they had no choice. The crack in Seokjin's voice almost had Taehyung telling him the truth that it was a promise ring Jungkook had bought for Seokjin. It wasn't bought by Taehyung for Seokjin.

"Yes, I bought it for you. I've been thinking about getting married to you so I thought why not do it now? So I made my first move. How do you find this promise ring? It's your favourite colour, pink. The diamond is just as gorgeous and beautiful as you, my love. I really hope you like it."

Seokjin looked at him with misty eyes and a slight smile. He didn't seem sad but rather moved.

"It's beautiful, hyung. Thank you so much," Seokjin said. His emotional voice cleared away any doubts Taehyung had. Taehyung stroked Seokjin's cheeks tenderly, then leaned closer to kiss him.

As always, Seokjin's cheeks flushed and Taehyung loved it. He kissed Seokjin's lips tenderly at first, then harder and more serenely. With both men's eyes closed, Seokjin brought his left hand to Taehyung's cheek to caress it. The simple touch sent shivers down Taehyung's spine, caused by the wet fingers touching his skin. They were having a wonderful time together at last.

"I love you to no end, Jinnie," Taehyung confessed, looking right into his boyfriend's eyes. Sparkly eyes stared back at him, a blush spread across Seokjin's cheeks. "You mean the world to me. I'll forever be here for you."

Seokjin gulped to relieve the tightness on his throat. "I love you too. I dearly love you, Taehyung. Even these three words are not enough to describe my love for you."