Nothings wrong with you kiddo

TW: SH, I'll highlight where it begins in the chapter so that you're able to skip it! :)

It was later in the evening when Jessica began to stir awake. She pushed the sticky baby hairs from her forehead and brought her hands up to rub at her eyes, feeling around for the warmth of her older sister, only to be met with nothing. Bringing herself to sit up, Jessica widened her eyes in a search for Leah, looking over her right shoulder to see the older of the pair in the kitchen. She released a deep sigh, lowering her shoulders, gaining the attention of her older sister at the same time,

"Morning Little Lion, or should I say evening?"

Jessica reached for her phone to find the time reading,

19:35

9+ notifications

Before deciding to put her phone back down. She would handle whatever the notifications were later, for now, she just wanted to regain her composure. Sitting up slowly, Jessica stretched her arms out, licking her lips, trying to come up with the words to speak to her sister; she couldn't just leave it for much longer.

"Le-"

"Not right now Jessie, why don't you come eat dinner first? It's on the table."

Jessica lifted her head, to find her sister already sat at the set table for two, awaiting the presence of her baby sister. She slowly stood up from her place on the sofa, stretching her arms out to seek some kind of energy, before dragging herself the few steps to the table. Her sister's cherry scent was stood in the air, along with the usual smell of pasta that often lingered in the kitchen. Jessica took herself to the seat opposite the older of the pair, taking slow forkfuls of the pesto pasta that was premade, thinking through everything she needed to say.

A whole collection of words came streaming into Jessica's head, all the things she wanted her sister to know; that she needed her sister to know, yet each time she came up with something, she couldn't string the words together to be able to recall them. She didn't mean to lash out, nor loose control like she did. It was all just so loud, so bright and so busy and she just couldn't cope. It sounded stupid, but it was true, she just didn't know if Leah would believe her. Her older sister was amazing, but sometimes she held such a firm stature that Jessica didn't know if she'd just understand.

How wrong she could be.

"Talk me through what's going on in that mind of yours kid. You've been staring at the pasta for 10 minutes now as if it were going to talk back to you."

Jessica let out a small giggle, before returning back to her confused state.

"C'mon kid, please."

"I didn't mean to Leah, I really didn't. Everything just became so, I don't even know, please Leah, I don't know what happened"

Everything came rolling out of Jessica within seconds of being questioned by her older sister. It's true, she didn't meant to, she felt like she had no control. Her legs began to tremble again, as her breathing began to become shallow once more, until a hand reach across, and placed itself softly on her thigh. 

"Take a breath Jessie, it's ok, I know you didn't mean to."

"It just all happened at once. I couldn't find Miss Edwards, there were loads of kids in the corridors all touching me and elbowing me, it was loud, it was bright, I couldn't cope Le. He put his hand on my shoulder. I didn't know who he was! My head hurt, and I just... I just..."

"I don't know Le. I don't know what's wrong with me. Please help me Le"

Leah wrapped her arms around her baby sister, guiding her head to her chest, rubbing slow circles around her back. She took a second, trying to find the correct words to correlate to her sister, knowing that she was showing a rare side of vulnerability.