different help for kiddo?

Leah wheeled Jessica up the ramp, entering the hospital that they had spent days at only a few months ago, this time, from a different entrance.

They had a planned check up, hoping to be the day for the young girls cast to come off, and to ensure that everything was healing nicely. Both Leah and Jess had grown to become fed up of the wheelchair, having the upmost respect for full time wheelchair users after their tough few weeks.

It didn't take long for the two of them to be checked in, settling themselves in at the waiting room. Similar to how it was when Jess was brought in, it was almost empty, except the odd individual with their head in a newspaper, or on their phone. Only this time, she was a whole lot calmer, having her baby sister sat calmly next to her.

Knowing that they'd have to wait a little while, Leah took one of the mini Lego sets she had packed out of their bag, passing it over to Jess, who's eyes lit up at the sight. They had luckily chosen seats that were nearby to a small table, allowing the two of them to lean on it whilst completing the set.

It was only a simple set, one of a triceratops, but Leah knew it would keep Jess entertained for at least a small while, hoping to pass the time for the small girl. In doing so, she tried to start a conversation with her, about the whole reason they were even there.

"You ready to see the doctor bug?"

"Yeah Le. I know I've got to let them come close to me to make sure I'm doing okay."

"How about your injury?"

"Hmm?"

"We're here to get it all checked out, hopefully it's all almost healed. You haven't spoken to me once about what's going on up here though." Leah pointed towards Jess' head, indicating to the small girls thoughts.

Since she'd been conscious, Leah hadn't managed to get Jess to talk about much that happened on that day. She knew that Jess couldn't recall what had happened, and that was common with head injuries, but she refused to talk about anything surrounding it.

From Leah's perspective, her younger sister seemed to have returned relatively well back to the normal presuming's of life, nothing that wasn't beyond normal for the pair, but she knew that often with Jessie, if there was something going on for her, she would be unlikely to talk about. Partly because she would struggle in doing so, but also because she wasn't much of a talker about that kind of thing.

"How do you feel about it all bug?"

"I don't want to Le."

"What's that?"

"Don't make me Le. I don't want to."

She sighed in defeat, moving her head back down to the Lego set in front of her. Her plan had initially been to talk about the injury, and then move onto Lia. Her younger sister had said nothing about her loosing her temper with the Swiss in training yesterday, not even a mention of it once. Leah knew there was no way of getting anything out of her today either.

"Alright then little one, I'm not going to make you talk about anything you don't want to."

She watched as her sister gave a bob of her head in acceptance, happy with the answer, allowing the two of them to continue with the Lego. The set only had about 300 pieces in it, meaning it didn't take too long for them to complete it, working together.

As always though, with any Lego set, Jess insisted on Leah getting her phone out, to take a picture to send to Hempo, which the defender didn't object to, passing her iPhone 14 over to her younger sister, warning her to be careful with it. A look of delight spread across Jess' face, immediately sending a message to the City player, hearing her name be called just as she press sent.