I have to go kiddo

Once more, Jessica found herself stood outside the towering green gates, that resembled more of a prison than anything else. She had spent her morning attempting to perfect her tie, which she ended up just giving up with, slipping on her Converse and grey jacket, to meet Leah in the car, the older woman having already prepared her stuff. 

The half-term had ended, and Jessica had to resume her schooling once more. Her hands were shaking as she clung onto Leah, the pair of them arriving slightly later to avoid the large crowds of school kids as they made their way into the office, the young girl trailing ever so slowly after her older sister, reminiscent of the last time they were in the school office. They stood waiting outside the door to be let in, the older girl straightening Jess's tie, placing a soft kiss onto the top of her head, careful to avoid the French plaits and ear defenders as the doors opened. 

"Ah, Miss Williamson, Jess, it's lovely to see you both again.

"Miss Edwards, it's the same as before, please call me Leah."

In front of them, stood Jess' key adult within her school, a navy blue jumpsuit, with her brunette hair pulled into a loose bun, welcoming the two sisters into the school. The large office was empty, the three of them being the only people in there as Jess clung onto Leah's arm, practically tugging her training jumper off her arm, her legs and arms trembling as she fought back the tears building up in her eyes. 

"You know, I've missed seeing your cheeky smile around school Jessica."

"Believe me, that smile has made it's appearance quite a few times at home."

"Ah yes, I saw, you spent your holidays on the England camp, didn't you? How was it Jess?"

The young girl didn't answer, only digging her face further into Leah's side as the older woman slowly rubbed her hand up and down the young girls back, in attempt to give some comfort. It had been a challenge to try and even get Jess out of bed that morning, the young girl having contested the idea of even going back to school ever since they had returned to England camp.

~

A few of the Arsenal girls had gathered given the end of international camp, just to catch up with each other, Jessica and Leah included. They had all decided on going out to a restaurant, just as a small group of them before they returned to team training, Jess sat in-between Leah and Lia, and opposite Lotte.

"So, kid you excited to go back to school on Monday?"

She turned to Lia, sending almost a death stare towards the midfielder in response to her question, her older sister rolling her eyes at the young girl.

"Less of the attitude there kid please."

"I didn't give give attitude."

"You gave Lia a not overly nice stare."

"That's not attitude."

"It was enough kid. Just eat your food."

The young girl sighed, turning to begin to eat her pasta, unaware to the look her older sister shot the defender and midfielder sat around her, understanding the look enough to know to not questioning it. Leah had been battling the young girl all week, trying to get her to get prepared to go to school, which had been, quite quickly shut down with every mention of the topic, similarly to how she did when Lia bought it up.

"You know, kid maybe it'll be good to go back to school."

"It won't"

"Well, you haven't been back yet."