tell me about kiddo

"I thought that you would've been longer, Leah?"

Almost instantly after walking through to visitors entrance to the hospital, 4 hours after leaving, Leah and Lia both walked back through the rotating doors, being met by nurse Julie, albeit this time, the defender looked more stable on her feet.

She had finally gotten dressed out of her dirty kit, wearing a tracksuit, and having packed a stay over bag with some things she may need. Her hair was brushed, still in the plait Lia did earlier, but the most notable change, was that she finally had glimpses of a smile across her face.

"No, I struggled to stay asleep. I did what I needed to do, but what I need to do now, is be back here."

The nurse smiled knowingly, relieved to see Leah simply be back at herself even if it was so slightly.

"Was she okay?"

"Absolutely fine, no changes, otherwise I would've text you Leah, like promised."

That was all the information Leah needed, smiling contently as she made her way back down the corridors that she was all but carried through a few hours earlier, this time with a stride to the room she had spent her days in.  It was a new freshness she had returned with, prepared for whatever was ahead.

Lia, however, remained stood back, watching Leah walk down the corridor, trying to figure out what had even happened in the few hours they'd returned back to the house

~~~

A heavy weight woke Lia up from where she was laid in the bed, looking down to see the body of an English defender curled into her side, clearly having moved in her sleep, resting her head on Lia's chest. Her right hand rested on Lia's stomach, holding the material of her shirt, as if she were afraid that the midfielder would leave and never return.

She took a few minutes simply to soak in the moment, her hand finding its way to softly run through the strands of hair that had broken through the plait that Lia had put in only 3 hours earlier. It had mostly held its position, insinuating the idea that Leah hadn't moved much in the time she was asleep, remaining close by to Lia.

Lia knew she had to get up at some point, the whole array of tasks she had planned on completing when Leah was asleep being thrown out the window once she asked for her to hold her. She had to get some food in Leah, and clean up some of the house, as well as speak to Jonas about taking some time off to support the struggling defender. Yet, she couldn't bring herself to move from the position she was in, letting herself simply watch the peacefully sleeping Leah on her chest, trying to decipher whether it was because she didn't want to wake her up, or, and as much as she hadn't been able to figure it out, because she wanted to keep a hold of her.

Eventually, after what seemed like only seconds of holding her close, Lia knew she couldn't remain where she was, shifting herself to the side. She moved the defenders head so that it didn't jolt when she went to move, in the bid to keep her sleeping.

It took her a while, each movement trying her best to make it as soft, and comforting so that Leah remained asleep for as much as possible, tucking the duvet cover over her once she was able to slip out of the covers herself, and making her own way downstairs.

Deciding to crack right on with all the jobs she had promised herself she'd complete, Lia headed over to the kitchen, pulling out the always full pasta packet that the Williamson's kept. It was a safe dish, one she knew that the defender wouldn't be able to resist, even though it was incredibly plain, and tasteless meal, it was exactly how Leah appreciated it.

She began to boil the water, allowing it to simmer over the heat whilst checking her own notifications. Viv had messaged to ask how Leah was, typing out a small response to relieve them of their worries, letting the couple know she was sound asleep, and checking on some of the other Arsenal girls, before moving to pour the dried pasta into the now bubbling water.