when you're ready kiddo

The notification for this has been really weird, so I'm really sorry if you've got two for it, as I've had to take it down and then put it back up again :(

The changing rooms had a varying atmosphere.

Jess was sat comfortably in Leah's locker, a set of UNO cards in her hand, with both Lotte and Alessia sat around her. It wasn't that competitive of a game, two of the calmest members of the team playing with her. They exchanged soft giggles every now and then, when Less clumsily placed down 3 cards instead of 2, or when Jess piled on the pick up 4 cards for Lotte.

On the other side of the changing rooms, stood a collective of girls in the corner, all of them up to no good. Katie, Beth, Steph and Jen stood, surrounding Leah so that they were out of earshot of their vice captains younger sister.

The four of them had all been the ones to have spotted Leah's reaction to Lia going down, and since receiving the news that it wasn't an awful injury, had decided to make the best use of it.

"It was as if the world was ending"

"Truthfully, I've never seen Leah run quite like it, you actually have quite a bit of speed on you Williamson."

"I've heard that to get her speed rating for her FIFA card, all they did was shove Lia down and took the time it took for Williamson to make her way over."

All the defender could do was shake her head, and endure the endless teasing as she tried to sort out her monitor for when training started. It had been endless, ever since the four of them had witnessed it. Leah didn't know if they were the only ones on the team to have witnessed it, but they were certainly the only ones to be taking the mick out of her for it.

She was also aware that there were media reports based around it, but both Lia and herself had gone out their way to try and avoid those. Neither of them had any form of media or journalist appointments coming up any time soon, which made it slightly easier for them, outside of the grounds, that was.

"Can you lot shut up for once?"

"Oooh, have we annoyed you Leah? Are you going to sprint like that over to us?"

"I would be flattered if THE Leah Williamson ran like that over to me. Like my knight in shining armour. Ooh, Leah Williamson has come to hold my hand!"

"Katie-"

"It'll be in the news, captain of England breaks all world records for speed when racing across the pitch to save the day!"

"Okay but genuinely, can you guys pack it in? Please?"

"Oh girls, I think we've offended her."

"We're just joking Leah."

"I know, and I don't mind, honestly. It's just I only told Jess a few days ago and I still don't know how she feels."

She heard the collective gasp when she told the girls, all of them exchanging glances with one another.

"You only told Jess a few days ago?"

"We were waiting to tell her when we were more comfortable with each other, but then Lia got taken down, and everything collapsed in on itself."

"How did she take it?"

"She needed some reassurance, but she hasn't mentioned a single word about it since."

"Well has it changed how she is with Lia?"

"I don't know, she's seeing Lia for the first time again today."

In the time since Lia had been injured, Leah had been round to visit her a few times, sometimes dropping off things she needed, others to just offer her a hug. She had really been waiting on the Swiss, hand and foot.