work with us kiddo

"Noooooo!" 

"You gotta let them little lion"

"Please Le"

Leah shifted slightly at the begging in her younger sisters voice, holding her a little tighter than she already was. 

A few days had passed since Jess had woken up, and despite being a lot more aware and conscious of her surroundings, the small girl was still unsettled, and exhausted, which resulted in Leah spending most of her days beside her in the hospital bed. Which, she wasn't exactly going to contest, also wanting to keep her sister beside her for the rest of her life.

Given that she was more comfortable in her surroundings though, the doctors had returned to be able to complete some further assessments on her, hoping to gather the extent of the injuries. They were more than content with the progression of her leg and arm, it was Jess' chest they were still concerned about.

They wanted to be take out one of the oxygen tubes Jess was connected to, in hopes that she'd be able to regulate her breath sounds given the healing of her lungs. Initially, they had planned to take the tube out, and keep the young girl for the next two nights to measure her progress without it, but that was proving to be harder than anticipated.

Jess, who's death tight grip on Leah remained firm, had found herself digging further into the side of her older sister when the influx of doctors entered, turning her face away so that it was buried into the smooth jumper material. She refused to move even an inch away from the older woman, even since she had woken up, not that Leah was going to complain about it.

"Jessica if you don't move, this'll be more uncomfortable for you."

"it'll be more uncomfortable for you if you come near me."

Leah had to dig her teeth into her bottom lip, trying her best not to laugh at the blunt reaction from her younger sister. She went to open her mouth to try and ridicule her, immediately shutting it when she realised that no words were coming out, only her giggling. It wasn't helped by Lia, who was sat across the room trying her best not too laugh as well.

"Look, we have to take this out for you to progress."

"Take it out then?"

"It would be a lot easier for you if you'd sit up for us to take it out."

"No."

"Jessica-"

"I said no, innit? take it out or I'll take you out in a moment if you don't shut your gob"

"Jessie."

She had to intervene that time, giving her sister a slight disapproving look, before turning to mutually apologise to the doctor, who had somehow ended up at the backside of some rather odd threats from the small girl. 

The medical professionals had already asked if Leah would mind moving Jess for the procedure, to which the older woman refused. She wasn't going to do anything against Jess' wishes, but hoped that the small girl would make the correct choice.

A loud sigh came from the doctor, who turned behind him to mutter to a couple of others who came in with him, giving Leah the time to just rub her hand up and down Jess' back, whispering to the small girl.

"I think it's going to be painful bug, you might want to sit up."

"No Le"

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to go"

"I won't go sweetheart"

"But I need you beside me. Please. Don't leave me."