How about that Kiddo?

"Genuinely, I didn't think he'd jump that high Leah, it was actually mad"

"He's a cat Katie, I don't know what you expect from him."

"Well, maybe I'd expect him to not eat my breakfast, that's a start"

"Again, he's a cat, Katie."

The two women had been discussing the catastrophic (ha, get it? catastrophic? Ok I'll just keep writing) events that had occurred in Katie's household that morning, Cooper eating Katie's breakfast being the ground-breaking news of the day. Despite letting out a small giggle every now and then, Jessica remained silent, clinging onto her older sister's hand like her life depended on it, Leah just leaving the girl to soothe herself to the extent she needed. It had worried her, Jessica being uncharacteristically quiet, even more so when she just looked to her feet when Katie had arrived. She just wanted to help her, in any way possible, but knew for the time being that she needed time. So, she kept a hold of the girls hand, as they made their way to the canteen. As the approached the double doors, Jessica began to slow her footsteps, until she almost came to a halt, pulling Leah back with her.

"Hey McCabe, I'll meet you in there" Leah did all but shout after Katie, subtly using her head to gesture at her younger sister, who stood like a deer caught in headlights. Katie got the hint, sending a soft smile Jessica's way, before calling back,

"See you there Williamson"

Once Katie was out of sight, Leah turned herself to face her baby sister, back to the double doors, kneeling in front of the young girl. She was still taller than her, despite being on her knees, so slowly moved her hand under her chin, guiding her head to look up at her.

"What's going on in that wild mind of yours, Little Lion?" Leah questioned her younger sister, moving her free hand to guide the free roaming baby hairs behind her ears. 

It had always been a physical appearance of Jessica's, ever since she had been born. She had an almost untameable mane, one that she let few people touch yet found comfort in Leah stroking. Her baby hairs stuck up, left, right and centre, mirror imaging that of a Lion's mane. It was one of Leah's favourite features of her younger sister. She felt that it often matched her fierce, but sweet personality, that had recently gone missing.

Her younger sister shrugged, her eyes looking just over Leah's head, focusing in on the double doors. Leah turned her head, looking in the direction which took Jessica's attention.

"You've been in there hundreds of times Jessie, you know what it's like in there. The girls love you, you know that."

Jessica remained halted in place, as if her feet were stuck to the floor. She just couldn't bring herself to go through the doors, no matter what. Leah let out a deep sigh as she moved to hug her little sister, wrapping her in her arms. She knew she needed to go into the canteen to grab her smoothie and power shake for the day, as well as review the scheduling, she just couldn't leave her baby sister on her own.

"I really need to go in there Jessie bug, please." She practically begged her younger sister, but the fear never left the smaller girls eyes. Leah knew she was fighting a loosing battle, one that she needed to work her way around, and quickly. She searched around the lobby, before slowly coming to her feet, sliding her hand back into her sisters, and moving down the corridor.

"Right kiddo," Leah started to say, as they walked down the arsenal history covered corridors, "I really don't want to leave you on your own, but I have to get into the canteen. The locker rooms are going to be empty as all the girls will be at breakfast, how about you sit in my locker for a bit? I'll leave you my air pods, and my jumper so you can sit for a bit, how about that kid?"