look whos here kiddo

The loud music blared over the stadium alongside the eruption of the crowd as both teams were lead out of the tunnel. Kim was at the front of the Arsenal team, being the captain, walking out with Manu, and then Leah closely following after her.

They all had their firm game faces on, looking directly ahead without breaking their line of sight. It was slightly intimidating, if anything.

Jess had found herself squashed up in-between Steph and Kyra on the bench, the two Aussies having insisted that Jess went to sit with them for the game. Steph had said that she was already looking after one child, and Jess wouldn't be as difficult to control as Kyra was.

That's how the three of them ended up all together on the bench, Steph with her arm wrapped around Jess' back, trying her best to zone out Kyra's yapping.

"But then, what would happen if a kangaroo got in a fight with an alligator? Because I know for sure that the alligator would eat the kangaroo."

"Kyra-"

"The alligator has sharper teeth, right, but the kangaroo has a vicious punch, I saw a kangaroo once you know Steph? It was really tall and-"

"Kyra will you please just be quiet and watch the match."

Letting out a little huff, Kyra sunk back into her seat, making Jess giggle at the childish reaction, before turning her own attention back to the girls. They had now lined up beside the referees, waiting to shake hands with the City squad, who also were clear on how important a match it was.

That didn't, however, cause any tensions between some of the girls and Jess.

~

Jess was sat in her wheelchair, with Leah pushing her out on the pitch walk before the game, alongside a couple of other girls. They were just having a walk round the pitch, observing the ground that they would be playing on later that day. 

It was a rather serene stadium, the Joie Stadium, covered in the pale blue of Manchester. There were seats surrounding it, but Jess could easily locate where the benches were that she'd be sat on. 

She was talking with some of the girls, discussing what the weather was like, boring adult topics, when they heard a shout in the distance.

"Kiddo!!"

Lifting her head up, she tried to find where her beloved nickname of many people came from, assuming it was someone from Arsenal trying to involve her in chaos once more. It was difficult, though, being restrained to her wheelchair meaning she was at a significant height disadvantage, more so than usual.

She tapped Leah's hand, trying to get her older sister to locate who had shouted for her, grateful when Leah wheeled her to the location of the voice. She couldn't help the immediate smile that spread across her face, when she spotted some of her favourite people wildly waving at her.

It didn't take long before they broke into a little jog over to the two Williamson's, who had moved away from their teammates slightly to greet the City Lionesses. They all exchanged some hugs, albeit fist bumps, in Jess' case, happy to spot one another again.

"So, Jess, Leah, how have you guys been?"

"We're doing alright now, thanks Ez. We've had a rough few weeks, haven't we bug?"

All Jess could do was nod in the reference to her, practically bursting with joy at seeing one specific player, who clearly reciprocated the same. 

Lauren bent down beside Jess' chair, so they were face to face, leaving Esme, Leah and Chloe to have a more grown up conversation, leading the small girl into the question that was most important to the two of them.