come on then kiddo

Jessica found herself waking late the next morning, knowing she wouldn't be going to school, given the day before. She couldn't really remember anything that happened, other than Leah going down, and falling asleep at Beth and Viv's apartment, and she didn't really want to remember anything else either. Instead, she slowly shuffled her way into the kitchen, met with the pair of them sat at the dining table, each shooting her a smile at her appearance, before pushing a bowl of berries in front of her, gratefully received by the young girl who hadn't eaten the day before. The two of them carried on their conversation as she shovelled some strawberries and bananas into her mouth, stopping every so often to give the spaniel sat by her feet a bit of affection. She only managed to make her way through about half of the fruit, before being too full to continue, instead directing her attention to the puppy on the floor, who was grateful to receive some loving. 

"What do you think about taking her out for a walk in a moment or two Jess? It'll be nice to get some fresh air."

A nod came from the young girl in response, accepted by the two of them as they went to get ready, leaving her to continue cuddling the small spaniel, who let out the occasional yap if she decided to stop. It provided a specific comfort, feeling the fur of the puppy through her fingers, as she snuggled further into Jess' hand. If anything, it made her feel safer; like the world would stop turning just to embrace the warmth of Myle. Then again, it was also like the dog knew she needed it more than anything, keeping herself calm, and just laying across the feet of the young girl, they practically came as a pair.

"Right, cmon then little Miss, lets grab Myle's leads."

Two words that were enough to throw the whole calm presence out the window, the spaniel beginning to bark at the words of going for a walk, a small smile hitting the young girl as she moved to clip the dog up from her harness. She already had everything prepared waiting by the door, Myle's treats, poo bags, ball, anything they may need for the walk, letting the 4 of them leave the apartment pretty quickly.

~

Warm air hit Jess directly in the face, as she strolled through the large field, beside Viv and Beth, with Myle just exploring in front of them. She found herself just taking everything in, letting the air of the natural world carry her feet forwards, in attempt to forget the past few days. The adult's conversation behind her blurred into the wind, allowing Jess to soak the sun in front of her, as she followed the spaniel's lead. Rather than staying on the path beside the two adults, Jessica had decided to follow after Myle, chasing the puppy through the trees, around the lake, and back into the central field again.

Viv and Beth could only watch, as the young girl chased their dog, who gained the biggest smile from her that they had seen in the past few days. Their hopes was for the dog walk to give Jess the time to open up, the effect it usually has on the young girl when going out in the past, but found their plan to be flawed when they still couldn't prise a single word out of her, settling for the small smile instead. They watched, as she chased after Myle, her hair blowing in the wind.

"Leah's going to kill us. How's her hair so knotted already?"

"I think it's naturally knotted you know."

"I don't think hair works like that Beth."

"We should probably convince her to brush it before she see's Leah again."

"When do you think that is?"

"Hmm?"

"When do you think she'll be ready to see Le again?"

The English woman took a breath, running her tongue across her lips as she debated against herself for an answer to the loaded question.

"Truthfully, I don't know. I've never seen her quite like it. Leah says those kind of meltdowns happen, and it's okay, but I've never experienced anything quite like it."