im staying with you kiddo

Jess and Leah found themself sat in Leah's BMW, the two of them driving up to the Emirates to watch the girls play against Manchester United. Despite getting the all clear from the physios, Leah was being rested for this game just to give her time to get back into the swing of things, and playing football again, meaning she wasn't listed on the team sheet for today. They had both decided they wanted to go up to support the girls anyway though, finding themself traveling up separately to meet them at the stadium. 

They were chatting about anything and everything, the last few days being taken to regain their close relationship, involving them having conversations about the most random of things. Not that Leah minded, that is, having her younger sister begin to return to her normal behavior meant the world and more to the older woman, who found herself soaking in every smile that Jessica offered. 

"You're wrong though Le!"

"No, I'm not bug. I am telling you now, dinosaurs are never going to make their comeback."

"JLS did."

"JLS are not dinosaurs are they though?"

"I mean, they formed when you were a child, and like-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence."

"Well you're not exactly young are you Le?"

"26 years is a good age!"

"Over half way to 50 though. Close to extinction. Like the dinosaurs"

"Jessie I-"

"Oh look, we're here!"

Their conversation abruptly came to an end, Leah all but face planting at how quickly her younger sister had become distracted from the least odd of their conversations. The entire car ride had been made up of hypothetical scenarios that Jessica wanted to see if they would happen, the majority being so incredibly odd that Leah couldn't even fathom how or why she would think about them.

Travelling separately from the team meant that the two had to use a different entrance to usual, yet one that had no access to public. It was almost relieving for the older woman, knowing that she wouldn't have journalists all over her in her first return to the Emirates after being injured, even more so when she was bringing Jess with her. The two of them had prepared to go back, having not been there for quite a few weeks with everything going on, deciding to follow their usual routine like before.

Leah reached across, sliding Jess' ear defenders over her head, before passing the younger girl her black drawstring bag with everything she needs in it, making her way out of the car. Her hand was immediately slipped into her sister's as soon as she heard her get out her side of the car, not even testifying against it. They began to walk inside, as she felt a difference in step from Jess, turning to look in confusion.

"Are you- Are you skipping?"

"Yes."

"Why are you skipping?"

"Haven't decided yet."

"So you're just skipping for the fun of it?"

"I suppose I am Leah, and what?"

"Right. Okay."

"Care to join me in skipping, dear sister?"

"Jessie I- sure."

The two sisters remained hand in hand, as they quite literally skipped inside, making their way through the side entrance to walk their usual walk down to the changing rooms. They had planned to meet the team in there so that they could greet them all, and walk down to the subs bench with them like usual. It was no different to usual as soon as they entered into the room, the tone being the same as ever. Kyra was going around annoying everybody, Frida was sat in her locker, earphones in, Beth and Viv were arguing away about why they were late. It was as if nothing was ever different.