Love it when kiddo helps

*The character of Jess and Leah's mum in this is a made up character, and is no way correlated to real life. She will have a different name, different appearance, different everything etc. This is because there will be traits that I would be uncomfortable writing in for the real life person. I hope you all understand, and enjoy! :)*

"Hi, Mum."

Jess remained frozen to the spot, dropping Leah's hand as she could just stare at their Mum in the stands. She couldn't say anything, as she felt a tightening in her chest grow, trying to take in as much air as she could.

All she could see was her Mum beginning to come closer and closer to where she was standing, and despite being clearly separated by a barrier, began to step further and further back, until she bumped into someone stood behind her. 

She didn't bother to turn and face the person, who had protectively wrapped their arms around her shoulders, to know that it was Lia. The firm grip the Swiss had on her shoulder was one that almost provided an ease for the young girl, who found herself being lead away from the situation.

Lia had almost instantly recognised the woman, before Jess herself had, and placed herself instinctively behind the young girl; she didn't know to the full extend of what the relationship was like between the two, but she knew it was deteriorating. Giving a small nod of the head towards Leah, who's instant reaction was to turn to her sister, Lia began to guide the young girl away from the situation.

"C'mon munchkin, lets head back into the changing rooms."

Some of the girls looked questioningly towards Lia as she manoeuvred the small girl away from the situation, but didn't stop to ask anything, instead just watching the entire way. 

The midfielder kept a tight grip around the girl, as she lead her down towards the tunnel, no words being exchanged between them, but no fighting either, simply walking down and straight into the changing rooms.

Nobody was watching closer than Leah, who's eyes didn't leave their sides for a minute until she watched them safely go down the tunnel, confident that her teammate had it in hand. Once she knew her younger sister was okay, she took a deep breath, turning back round to face their mum, who had made her way now to the barrier, standing expectantly with her arms wide open.

"Come give me a hug bubba, it's been a while."

She moved forward, wrapping her arms back round her mum, an awkward laugh softly escaping her lips as she leant backwards, still in her mums grip.

"Mum, what are you doing here?"

"I couldn't miss such a big game!"

Leah simply smiled as her mum leant upwards, running her fingers through the oldest daughters hair, each of them just taking a moment to look at each other, a smile appearing across her mums face whilst tears prickled in her eyes.

"Don't cry mum."

"I'm sorry, it's just... we haven't spoken in so long."

"Yeah... I'm sorry, I've tried to text you when I can it's just-"

"I know, I know.... How is she?"

No apparent answer sprung to Leah's mind, as she tried to think of the appropriate response, looking down to her feet for a moment, uncertain. She didn't have to fill the air though, as she lifted her head to see her mum ready to respond.

"I thought it may be best to give her space and all, but I couldn't miss this game bubba, it's such a big one for you, I needed to come and support, I didn't think she'd have come with you."