just feel bad for kiddo

The sound of multiple suitcase wheels being dragged along the floor was all that infiltrated through Jess' ears. She was surrounded by the Arsenal team, with Leah on one side of her, and Katie on the other, as they made their way through the airport, all of them equipped with their own luggage. 

Most of them were having to drag themself through the entrance, wearing caps and sunglasses, given the fact it was still 3am, and they had to wake up at 2am and earlier. All of them, that is, except Kyra, who somehow was still sprinting everywhere, the likelihood of her getting lost in the airport despite them having only just arrived, growing by the second. 

Jessica had never been on a plane before, so with obvious knowledge, hadn't ever been to an airport before either. Her and Leah had been discussing it the night before they left, with her older sister explaining what to expect to her, but that didn't mean she wasn't slightly nervous. They were only at the bag checkpoint, but it was rather overwhelming.

She simply watched, as the entire team loaded all of their bags, Leah taking control of both hers and Jess', passing them all over to a woman sat behind her desk. Jessica simply stood back, waiting beside Katie, who had somehow passed all her bags over for Caitlin to sort out, just watching the group of them sort out logistics.

"You excited for the plane kiddo?"

"Yeah. Le said it gets noisy though."

"It does sometimes. But it's fun, especially when we take off."

"I'm a bit nervous."

"That's okay. Here, let me show you what it feels like."

There was only seconds before Jessica felt her feet being lifted off the floor, erupting into laughter as Katie picked her up and tipped her onto her side, jogging back and forth whilst keep Jessica lifted in the air. The young girl couldn't stop herself from giggling, as Katie just ran in circles carrying the girl as if she were a plane, commentating everything to her.

"And then we avoid the cloud, but pilot kiddo pulls through, flying in the opposite direction, oh wait, look out! Obstacle! There's a Manu Zinsberger in our way! Captain kiddo diverts the plane route to go round the GK union, swerving in and out the defence-"

"McCabe what are you doing to my sister?"

"Ah, emergency landing incoming, storm Williamson approaching."

With that, Katie smoothly place Jess on the floor, the young girl still in giggles as her older sister came over, just shaking her head at the pair of them, Jess and Katie exchanging a glance with one another. It had definitely eased Jess' fear of flying, that was for sure.

Given that all the bags were checked in, the entire team continued making their way onwards through the airport. Leah had given Jess a timetable and plan of what to expect in preparation for the scenario, the young girl finding herself relying on it rather heavily as she guided herself through. 

She knew next up, was security, and if anything concerned the girl most, it was that. She knew that when they go through, she had to go on her own, and she wasn't allowed to wear her ear defenders. The fear of ending up having to be searched was enough in its own self, and she tried her best to not even think about it as they continued walking.

Both herself and Leah fell to the back of the squad as they came closer. Luckily for everyone, there didn't seem to be much of a line for security, but Jess would be lying if she said that eased any of the anxieties she had. She felt her hand be tugged backwards as the rest of the girls went to place all of their items on the trays, Leah kneeling down in front of her.