come with me kiddo

Time passed as Jess found herself settling into her routine at school. It had quickly become a habit for her on weekdays, and she found herself once more content with the way it was going. She still loved heading over to see the Arsenal girls at training, as well as seeing them in the evenings, but school wasn't that bad either. She was still pretty good, and there had been some changes that had made it easier. Not perfect, but definitely easier, and to her, that was enough, especially after having been back for almost two weeks. 

Her favourite time of the week, however, had quickly become match days. Now she had established a routine she was comfortable with, watching her favourite group of people play football was almost soothing to her, especially Leah, and today was no different.

She had found herself on the bus down to the Emirates, with the rest of the squad, as they faced to prepare Ajax in the group stages of the Champion's League. For a match quite as big as this, the girls were all quite laid back. Especially the table Jess was on. She was sat beside Alessia, Kyra and Vic opposite, all of them attempting to do the "marshmallow" TikTok trend, but failing miserably. They had all quickly worked out that, Kyra had absolutely zero rhythm, which wasn't helpful for this specific trend, Vic took everything way to seriously for her own good, and Alessia just couldn't count past the number 3. That, paired alongside Jess' inability to do anything without laughing, meant that it was pure chaos on their table, the four of them constantly in fits of giggles.

"How have you gone from 2 marshmallow, to 6 check it outs?"

"Counting is simply a false concept you see Jess."

"No way did Less just say that."

"I'm not having this."

"You need to chill out Vic."

"We haven't even got past 4 marshmallow yet!"

"Yeah because Kyra can't keep in time."

"I don't understand how we're turning this on me, I'm the youngest here?"

"I am literally twelve."

"You don't count Jessica."

"What am I, an alien?"

"May as well be by this point."

"Excuse me Vic???"

"It's alright Jess, I appreciate you."

"Great, I'm appreciated by the person who doesn't know what comes after six."

Within seconds, Jess found herself to met with something bounce off her forehead, moving her head to rub the spot it had hit, before looking to see what had hit her. She bent down to find a grape by her feet, picking it up to see Alessia unable to contain herself at the fact she had just thrown a grape at Jess. The young girl took a deep sigh, before shouting,

"Leah! Alessia just threw a grape at me!"

Her older sister turned with a firm frown on her face, before making her way over to the table where the four girls were, all of them shutting up, and looking at their feet as if they were all primary school kids about to be in trouble. 

"Right, we are meant to be arriving to the stadium in about 5 minutes. Do you think you guys can actually behave yourself until then?"

"But Le-"

"No buts. God it's like I'm having to raise all 4 of you."

"Nuh uh. I'm a grown woman."

"Yes, you are Vic. So would you like to explain to me why you are currently wearing Lightening McQueen sunglasses?"