kiddo can't be cured

! Please read the A/N when you get to the end :) !

The ear piercing screams of the small girl was the only sound that could be heard from within any radius of her hotel room, overpowering the racing sounds of the monitors, the heavy footsteps and quick paced talking of the doctors, the panicked words of her sister.

Her petite body was writhing around on the bed, enraging the screams further as the surge of pain raced through her body with every quick movement she made, reaching new levels of screams anytime someone laid their hands on her to try and stop her from moving.

Had she been able to, she would've raced out of that room by now.

The day had started out like normal for Jess. Waking up, insisting Leah come sit beside her, watching Harry Potter, having her vitals taken, avoiding eating the hospital breakfast food. 

Nothing had happened out of schedule, nothing had happened any different to usual; it was how Jess enjoyed proceeding through life.

It was only when a different doctor had entered her room, to assess her head, for any further injuries, or a post-concussion, after noting something different than usual on one of her head scans. Over the weeks she had been in the hospital, Jess had grown to accept the different doctors. She didn't enjoy it; she never enjoyed new people, but they had all learnt that as long as Leah was nearby, and by her side, Jess would battle through it.

Only today, she wouldn't.

At just the sight of the new doctor, her small body began shaking, shivering as if someone had just lowered the temperature all the way down. Her eyes no longer focused on Leah, who had quickly realised the sudden change in the small girls demeanour, instead jumping round the room, in the same way they did when she initially woke up.

It only worsened when the doctor moved next to her, Jess letting out a small shout, before spiralling, her screams beckoning a whole influx more of medical professionals into her hospital room, only deteriorating further at the sight. 

Everything happened so quickly that Leah froze to her spot. Her sister was writhing around only millimetres away from her, when she had been so calm seconds before. Her sister was screaming at a pitch she had never heard, when she had been so quiet seconds before. Her sister was in a pain like no other.

The reintroduction of the words, "sedative" and "intubating" were raised again by the professionals, all of whom were at a loss with what to do with the small girl, who was now not just screaming out of an emotional pain, but also physical, as her sudden movements continued to exasperate her injuries. 

Her screams were subdued slightly, with a more concerning response, as her breath sounds began to become raspy. Her small hands curled into a fist, clutching at her chest, as Jess began to try and cough, with nothing coming up. The machine beside, which had remained silent for days, broke into a beeping noise louder than the screams, alarming everyone in the room.

"Le- Le- I can't- Le I can't breathe-"

The desperate words of her sister broke Leah out of her trance, immediately turning to face the young girl, who had begun to claw at her chest, the machine still continuously beeping at a pace. 

"Heart rate is dangerously high, we need to put the oxygen back on her, chest sounds are decreasing."

Leah had almost forgotten about the entourage of medical personnel that were also in the room with them, a panicked but low voice speaking above, turning to see a man reaching for the oxygen tube that had rested beside the small girls bed. 

"No, please, it's not necessary, she's heightened."

"I'm sorry Miss Williamson, but we need to act quickly."