kiddo misses you

Usually, Jess couldn't predict what kind of mood she'd be in. She could barely recall her timetable, let alone tell you how she was feeling, what emotion she was experiencing, or even how she would react.

Today, Jess knew it wasn't going to be great.

She wandered up and down the corridors of her school, uncertain what to do with herself. It had been another early start for her again this morning, both Lia and Leah still asleep when she left the house, the antics of last night taking the energy from both of them. It meant that she could escape under the radar, but quickly found that after arriving at school, it probably wasn't her best idea.

Her legs carried her throughout the school building, through the playground, round the canteen. They were empty, the classrooms filled, giving Jess the space to roam free, having found that her English class was too much for her. English was probably one of her worst subjects. She never knew what was going on, and it always got too loud, so often found herself instead wandering the quietened halls of the school instead. That was, until, the clinking of heels hitting the ground approached her, a radio going off following the heels.

"Ah yes, J.Williamson has been located, nearby the bottom floor D.T. rooms."

She groaned, knowing that she was about to be in trouble. Usually, to wander the halls she'd have used her time out pass, but today she just couldn't be bothered; she had walked out of the classroom.

"Jessica, are you meant to be here?"

Mrs Smith stood in front of her, one of the vice principals of the school. She was known for taking pride in her position of power, SLT being possibly being her only personality trait. Jess slowly turned on her heels, simply looking towards the vice principal who stood intimidatingly in front of her, hands on hips.

"Well? I asked you a question?"

She turned her head to look at the floor, scuffling her feet into it. To be honest, the young girl was confused. She was uncertain on whether to answer the question or not, although she would likely be in trouble either way. Deciding to take the difficult route, she remained silently where she was not even looking towards the teacher. 

"You need to look at me when I talk to you."

"Your attitude is shocking, young lady. When another individual is talking to you, it is essential to look at them, and respond to their questions. This is not alright, especially from a young person who has already walked out of a lesson. It is a waste of both the schools, and my time, and will not be treated lightly."

"You could at least show some remorse, your reactions are quite frankly disgusting."

Finally lifting her head, Jess looked towards the vice principal, her face remaining as emotionless as it was before. The wrinkles on the face of the SLT had become so much more prominent now that she focused in on them, her grey bob cut sitting lightly by the chin to her round face, a stern frown crossing her face.

"Have you got absolutely anything to say young lady?"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"No."

"What do you mean, no?"

"You asked me if I had anything to say. I don't."

A scoff of disgust left the vice principals mouth as her radio vibrated once more, a more apparent voice appearing on the other side.

"Hi, please could you repeat where J.Williamson was located for me? Heading down now."