lets take you back kiddo

Jess lay curled up on the floor, leaning against the coffee table, trying to figure out the German instructions of her Lego set that she'd insisted on Leah buying earlier that day. It was a smaller version of the original Cologne Castle set, that would be easier for them to transport home.

It was quieter than usual, with a lot of the girls deciding to go out on their final night in Germany, given that they had played such a big match and had some time to spare. Obviously, that didn't include Jess, who much preferred to do her Lego set in the relaxation room anyway, even if she was of age.

Behind her, sat Viv, Lotte and Leah, all of them with a warm drink as they waited to wave off the girls before they left. Lotte wanted to call her boyfriend, who was away for a cycling tournament, and so due to conflicting time zones, meant that her only opportunity to call him was in about half an hour or so, whilst Viv just didn't feel the need to go partying. Leah, on the other hand, didn't want to leave Jess, even though she did want to go out with the rest of the team, and both Viv and Lotte could see that. 

"Le, you know if you were to go out, we'd take good care of her."

"I know, and I trust you guys, I just..."

"You deserve some time to yourself. Let loose for a bit. Myself and Lotte have got her."

"I don't know guys..."

"Honestly, Leah. Look, she's content with Lego. We know how the night routine goes, and if we need anything, we'll call. You need to look after yourself as well, and that includes having fun."

Leah simply sighed, looking towards her younger sister. Viv was right, she was more than happy building her pieces, and both of the two remaining behind were responsible, and knew Jess well. It wouldn't be like she'd be left on her own for a bit. She slipped off the sofa, moving to kneel on the floor beside Jessica, who remained focus on her Lego set.

"Jessie?"

"Yeah?"

"How would you feel if I were to join the girls going out for the evening?"

Jessica placed her Lego brick to the side, turning so that her full attention was on Leah, who was knelt beside her.

"And leave me on my own?"

"No, no, of course not! Viv and Lotte are staying behind, see?"

She looked behind them, where Leah was pointing, where both of the woman sat on the sofa, softly waving at the small girl.

"You'd come back?"

"I'll always come back Jessie. Always."

"Promise?"

"Pinkie."

"Okay then."

"Are you sure? Because it's okay if not-"

"I'm sure."

Leah just remained knelt next to Jess, hesitant on what to do next. 

"Leah?"

"Yes my girl?"

"Are you going dressed like that?"

She looked down, noting the fluffy Elmo pyjama bottoms she had on, and oversized Nike top, with fluffy slippers, before turning back to her younger sister, who didn't even give her a chance to respond.

"Because you look stupid."

"Cheers for that. No, I'm going to get changed."

"Then go get changed?"