don't clam up kiddo

"Are you sure you don't need any help?"

"I'm sure Le, honestly. I can bear weight on it as well. You've got someone on your end who needs your help more."

"I can care for the both of you, love."

"Honestly, I'm alright. Stop trying to procrastinate it."

Leah let out a small laugh, knowing she had been caught out by Lia.

It was a few days after the City game, and it had been confirmed that Lia had suffered a sprained ankle. It wasn't major, with the Swiss being told she had to rest it for a week or so before she would be able to return back to the pitch. 

They had resorted to facetime to speak to one another that day, both of them just wanting to see each others face, restricted by how much movement Lia could do.

"Are you nervous?"

"What makes you say that?"

"Just looking at you Le."

It had reached the point where Leah was going to break the news of both hers and Lia's relationship to her younger sister. To say she was bricking it, was an understatement.

Since the day Lia had gone down injured, there had been a lot of speculation between something going on between the two of them, yet nothing major. She knew a couple of their teammates had their suspicions, more specifically, Beth Mead and Katie McCabe had their suspicions. She also knew there had been a couple media reports, and quite a few fan edits of the two of them, but there was yet to be anything over the top.

And, her sister still didn't have any idea at all. 

Both herself and Lia had been so proactive in trying to keep everything hidden, from both the media, and Jess, that there was little the 12 year old could come across to indicate that her older sister was in a relationship at all, let alone with Lia. 

They knew it was unfair to continue hiding it from her though, especially given that more and more of the girls were beginning to figure it out. Their initial idea of Jess being the first person they told fell down the drain as soon as Lia became injured, with Leah having to accept defeat to Beth. Instead, they settled for telling Jess as soon as they felt she was ready, and that they were ready.

Today, they had decided, was that today.

"It'll be okay, I'm sure of it Le."

"And what happens if it isn't?"

"Well, we'll cross that if it comes to it."

Leah sighed, knowing that Lia was right, deciding to move the conversation along. They turned the conversation into talking about their upcoming night that they were planning to spend together, whilst waiting for Jess to get ready.

It didn't take long until Leah received the text from her younger sister to tell her that she had gotten herself ready and packed, breathing a sigh as she went to hang up on Lia.

"You've got this love. Speak to you later."

With that, she hung up, moving through to her younger sisters bedroom. 

Jess was sat fully dressed on her bed, wearing an oversized black Nike hoodie, and some beige cargos, that just about fit over the start of her cast. On the one foot, which wasn't bandaged up, she wore some black and white simple dunks, not wanting to wear anything too fancy to leave the house. Her hair was already French plaited, having insisted Leah do it for her the moment she woke up, and was just sat casually swinging her legs off the side of the bed.