𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Fifteen

" park bench"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Tallulla wasn't sure how or why it happened, but she found herself on a bench. Perhaps, it was the fact that she had slept so much on the bus ride there and the hour-long nap she had taken before watching the movie. She sat in bed for quite a while before feeling the need to get dressed at exactly 2:46 am for the match much later in the day.

Once she was ready at about 3:02, she walked out of her room, peeking her head out to make sure nobody had seen her coming out after curfew. She made her way downstairs to the lobby. The hotel was quiet; in fact, everywhere seemed quiet as she walked the streets of Liverpool.

All the street lamps were turned on, and the stars were still out as she gazed up at the sky. The moon was bright that night, or should she say morning? She had walked the streets until finding a small park. That was about at 3:58, then when she got into the park and finally nestled into said park bench, it was about 4:08.

The park bench in question had a view of the ocean. It seemed like whoever designed the park set it right up against the water of Liverpool city. Tallulla greatly enjoyed the view; she hated how inland Richmond was.

In her old childhood home, she lived next to a trail that would take her to a small coast near the sea. She would love to go down and smell the salt air mixing with the pine. She would love to make sand castles with her father and pretend to be a dolphin. The smile on her face from the memory slowly faded.

Those times were over now. So much had changed; she had changed so much. It's weird to think about the last time you do something. You don't realize it's going to be the last. The last time your mum kisses you good night. The last time you see your childhood home. The last time you tell your parents you love them. The last time you see your person parked outside your window. The last time you get to wave to them.

And there he was, at the forefront of her mind again. Jamie Tartt. Why couldn't she get him out of her head? Why was it so difficult for him to just leave her brain? She needed to let him go... why couldn't she let go? Why couldn't she come to terms with the fact that he was never going to come back to Richmond?

He wouldn't want to come back; that was for certain. After he had finally admitted a part of him, and then he got called back. He must have not thought that was an accident. Tallulla knows Jamie... She knows Jamie would never come back if he felt betrayed in any way by Ted Lasso.