𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Thirty Seven

" one of the last times "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Tallulah stared down at the article she was reading on her phone. Ted had a panic attack at the football game. Though she had already heard the information, it still broke her heart to have it come out like this, in the news, not from the man himself but from a mysterious source. It was bullshit.

Tallulah wasn't going to let that happen to her and Jamie.

She had decided she was going to tell him after the game. The big game. The poor boy was already too nervous, having trouble sleeping, tossing and turning all night long since they had made it to the final game of the season. She would do it after. All she had to do was keep convincing herself of that.

Convincing herself that Jamie would want her to chase her dreams. That he would be proud of her. That he would love her even after everything she put him through. That he would still look her in the eyes afterward and see her in the ocean.

The girl tried to clear all her thoughts from her head, trying to concentrate on the photos she was editing. The final photos she would be editing for the team before turning in and getting her last task of photographing the last game, but her thoughts swirled around in her brain like a tornado.

The redhead continued to stare blankly at her computer as she cursed herself for not being able to pay attention. Suddenly there was a knock at her door, and Keeley Jones stepped into the room offering the girl a kind but nervous smile.

"Hey Keeley, what brings you to the comforts of my closet?" The girl questioned, happy to have a distraction for her distracting brain.

"Well, I uhhh, I have some great news!" The blonde sat down excitedly across from the girl.

There was a beat of silence before Tallulah got impatient, "Well come off it! What is it?!" They both giggled in excitement.

"Okay, okay, you know the money people that backed Bantr?" Keeley asked.

Tallulah nodded as the girl continued, "They want to finance me opening my own PR firm!" Both girls shrieked with delight at the news.

"Keeley, that's amazing!" Tallulah smiled.

Tallulah watched as Keeley's face turned into one of a more serious nature. "Thank you, but... I need some advice."

"Of— Of course," There was a pause as Tallulah tried to think of a reason why Keeley would want her advice instead of anyone else's in the building; she couldn't. "But... why did you ask me? I mean of all people, Roy, Rebecca, Ted's great at giving advice. Why do you want me?"

Keeley gave a kind of pitiful look at the girl across from her. "Because you're my friend." Keeley took Tallulah's hand. "And I value your advice."

Tallulah beamed at the information. "Then how can I help?"

"I'm afraid of telling Rebecca..." She started.

"Why are you afraid of telling Rebecca of all people?" Tallulah questioned instantly, "Rebecca is going to be proud of you."

Keeley still looked a little bit unconvinced of the information, so Tallulah, knowing what she had to do, leaned back in her chair and sighed before launching into an example; "Keeley, you can't tell anyone else what I'm about to tell you, since I still haven't told the team or Jamie for fuck's sake."

"O-okay." The blonde stuttered out, now confused about what she was about to be informed of.

"A couple of months ago, I was offered a position where I could be a musician, writing songs and traveling with a small band, the members of which I get to choose." Tallulah explained, pausing for a moment for Keeley to erupt in congratulations.

"But I haven't accepted it yet, I want to, but I haven't told Jamie yet and I'm worried as to what he's going to do. It's just, everything with him is so perfect... and I love him so much. I think I always have..." She trailed off before thinking back to the real conversation at hand, "Anyway, but I did tell Rebecca, well Sharon did, and she's proud of me, and I know she'll be proud of you too."

"Thank you, Tallulah."

"Of course."

A FEW HOURS LATER

Tallulah sat peacefully in Jamie's arms as she listened to his small little snores. She bathed in the feeling of his warmth, knowing it would probably be the last time she ever would. She would tell him after the game.

She would tell him after the game.

The girl needed to repeat those words if they were ever going to come true. They needed to come true. If she were going to do anything tomorrow, she was going to tell Jamie that she had finally been able to reach a bit of her dreams.

As Tallulah lay there, enveloped in Jamie's comforting embrace, her mind swirled with a cacophony of thoughts and emotions. The weight of her impending revelation hung heavy over her, each repetition of her resolution serving as both a mantra and a reminder of the daunting task ahead.

In the quiet of the night, she found solace in Jamie's rhythmic breathing, a soothing melody that momentarily eased her restless mind. Yet, beneath the facade of tranquility, an undercurrent of apprehension tugged at her heartstrings. She couldn't shake the gnawing uncertainty of how Jamie would receive her news.

The promise of tomorrow loomed large, casting its shadow over Tallulah's fragile resolve. With each passing moment, the weight of her secret threatened to crush her spirit. But she clung to the fragile hope that somehow, someway, she would find the courage to face the truth.

As dawn broke on the horizon, casting its golden hues across the room, Tallulah stirred from her slumber, her heart heavy with the burden of what lay ahead. Today would be the day she would lay bare her aspirations, her fears, her dreams. Today would be the day she bared her soul to Jamie, laying all her cards on the table.

With a deep breath, she steeled herself for the inevitable reckoning, drawing strength from the unwavering support of those who believed in her. Though the path forward was fraught with uncertainty, Tallulah refused to be cowed by the specter of doubt. For in the depths of her heart, she knew that true courage lay not in the absence of fear, but in the willingness to confront it head-on.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Blu Speaks!

Forgive me for a short chapter... pretty please.