𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Fourty Three

" he is not the center of your universe "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Week One:

"Alright, let's start where we left off last time," Sharon began the session as Tallulah settled onto her bed, her white comforter bunched up around the bottom. It was still messy from the way the girl had tossed and turned the night before.

"Where did we leave off last time?" she said, rubbing her eyes and laying down, thankful that they had decided not to do any more video calls for the time being.

"The last thing I wrote on my notepad was... Zava kissing you, did I get that right? Zava kissed you and Jamie didn't kill him?" Sharon sounded surprised over the speaker.

"Yes," Tallulah rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh, "As I believe I have told you repeatedly before, Jamie no longer loves me. He... he doesn't care about me anymore. Isn't it better to know that? Right than to just keep pushing the narrative that he's going to continue to love me, of course, but I can't keep doing that, right? I can't keep imagining?" She rambled until the question.

Sharon let out her own sigh, "I don't think it's fair of me to judge whether you should give up your relationship with Jamie, especially since I no longer see him. Maybe if you two would try and work out your problems in couples therapy?"

"Yeah right," Tallulah chuckled at the thought, "He barely even tries to stay in the same room as me anymore. I have a hard time imagining that he would ever spend any more time with me voluntarily."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because... I think Jamie might be seeing someone. He just looks so happy, and... he... it's not like I don't want him to be happy, of course, I want him to be happy. I want so much for him I just wish... I wish I could have given it to him."

"Do you regret what you did, Tallulah?" Sharon questioned.

"No, of course not," Tallulah began to think out loud, "I wish I would have done some things differently. I wish I would have said different things to Jamie in that hallway later, I wish I could have apologized better when I finally did see Jamie after all that time, I wish a lot of things, but I try not to regret anything."

There was another moment before she spoke again, Sharon giving her the time to mull things over, "I'm grateful for so much. I'm grateful for the team, for how my parents raised me before leaving, I'm grateful that I was able to do what I wanted and be able to create what I wanted and have it be embraced. I love so much of my life I just..."